- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 220kcal per 100g.
How to make a tartar of bluefin tuna and avocado . There are few fish recipes as fast and surprising as a good bluefin tuna tartar.
In just over thirty minutes we will have a highly appetizing and refreshing starter. The ingredients on which this recipe is based are tuna and avocado. Regarding the first, if we buy it fresh we must freeze it for 6 days before consumption to avoid the dreaded anisakis .
As for the avocado, its degree of ripeness will influence the time of the cut, if we like to leave it in very small cubes we will have to buy it before it ripens, when it is still quite consistent; As at home we like to find the pieces at lunchtime, we have chosen to take two copies from the greengrocer, shooting mature.
Otherwise the recipe is extremely simple. Very similar to the rest of the blog’s suggestions, a refreshing salmon tartar , the delicious tuna tartar or the original monkfish tartar will help you succeed.
Of course, it should be plated just before putting it on the table so that it maintains its irresistible appearance. If we do so, we will see how our guests succumb to an irresistible combination of flavors.
Preparation of the tartar base. Tuna and avocado
- Chop half a chive very very fine. We also chop the tuna in cubes and reserve everything.
- In a bowl, mix three tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, a little grated ginger (just cut a round less than 1 centimeter thick) and a pinch of salt. Stir well until everything is incorporated.
- Pour the spring onion over the sauce and stir well with a wooden spoon. Add the chopped tuna and now remove it with your hands to avoid breaking the dice.
- We let it sit while we continue with the rest of the plate.
- Chop the avocados into cubes, spread them on a plate and squeeze the lime over them to prevent them from rusting.
- Add another pinch of salt and a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
Plating and final presentation of the tuna tartar
- For plating, we take a round or square mold, lightly smear its internal walls with a little oil and place it on the plate or tray.
- We put a first layer of avocado with the help of a spoon. Making sure we reach the edges and crushing slightly when finished. It should occupy about half the height of the tartar.
- Next, and also with a spoon, we incorporate another layer of marinated tuna over the previous one.
- As before, we make sure we get to the edges. Press lightly with the spoon to weigh it down and it does not fall apart.
- Before removing the mold, sprinkle with the sesame seeds. We remove the mold carefully and it is ready to eat
- And so, in a few minutes, we have a delicious and refreshing dish ideal as a starter.
The sea flavor of tuna is perfectly complemented by that of avocado and chives. If we also serve it accompanied by a slice of good toasted bread, success is assured.
This fish recipe is also suitable for a special dinner with your partner or family. On certain dates or simply because. Do not miss the step by step of this tuna tartar in the next album.