- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.2 € / person
- 145kcal per 100g.
How to make a cod with garlic and paprika sauce . The cod recipes are a true classic in our kitchen, there are many ways to prepare this fish could talk about them for hours.
On the blog you can find them of all kinds, from cod croquettes to marmitako to national specialties like the one they prepare in Portugal , but there are many, many more and they are all very good.
Today we are going to cook a variety of the Galician preparation that will not take us more than 15 minutes. And yet, it allows you to appreciate all the flavor of some tasty cod loins accompanied by a garlic sauce with oil and a good sweet paprika.
As for this ingredient, if we opt for the La Vera variety, the dish will acquire its characteristic smoked flavor that we like so much, but it can be done with any other type of paprika. Try this type of preparation, I assure you that if you like cod, you are going to prepare this Galician recipe several times.
Preparation of cod with garlic and paprika sauce
- In a saucepan we put about two liters of water on the fire.
- When it starts to boil, add the cod loins and remove from the heat; We let the loins cook for about 7-9 minutes in the hot water.
- Meanwhile, put a couple of fingers of oil to heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Peel and laminate the garlic cloves very fine, add them to the oil when it is hot. When the garlic begins to brown, spread a tablespoon of paprika over the oil and turn off the heat.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon and pour the sauce into a bowl.
- We serve the cod fillets well drained with a slotted spoon, taking them carefully so that they do not break.
- We cover with the garlic and accompany with the sauce boat so that everyone can add more if they want.
You can see all the photos of the step by step of this Galician cod recipe in this album.
Tips and advice for a yummy cod
- Could not been more easy. And yet, although the preparation of this quick cod with refried is very simple and takes just over 10 minutes. If we choose good loins, a good olive oil and (above all) a tasty paprika will delight our diners.
- Who said cooking delicious was difficult? This dish is the practical demonstration that with little effort and very little time you can enjoy the healthiest and tastiest food.
- For this dish we have opted for pieces of cod already desalted so that the preparation is immediate. Otherwise they will have to be left in water for about 24 hours, changing it every 8.