- 10 minutes
- For 4 people
- 5.2 € / person
- 205kcal per 100g.
How to make grilled scampi .
With good scampi, everything you do in the kitchen will be remarkable , as it is a seafood with an extraordinary flavor.
To get the most out of them, it is best to taste them cooked or simply grilled , as in today’s recipe.
Due to its cost, it is a whim that we give ourselves from time to time. In this case, I have found them at € 20.80 / Kg. the medium size (125-150 gr. unit) and I have not thought twice.
The lobster is a shellfish that holds very little time out of their habitat, so it is rare to find them alive in the fish, and even if it is not a seaside town.
Given this circumstance, and especially for a special occasion, it is better to buy them at a good price and freeze until the appointed day.
It is possible to find them for sale throughout the year, at different prices depending on supply and demand, in addition to other aspects such as their size.
The large ones (250-300 g.) Reach prohibitive prices, and usually end up in restaurants specialized in seafood and fish.
It is from shellfish with fewer calories, with very little fat, being its strong contribution of protein. Healthy in all aspects and exquisite in terms of flavor.
To make them grilled , we will accompany them with a basic but successful dressing, minced garlic and parsley, extra virgin olive oil, white wine and salt to taste.
In summary, in just 10 minutes we will have them ready to enjoy them warm on the table.
Preparation of Norway lobsters and dressing
- Sometimes you will see grilled Norway lobsters presented in two parts, cut in half as in the case of a lobster or Norway lobster.
- I have preferred to make them whole, which will be juicier and more tender.
- The process is very simple, paying attention only to the preparation time, so as not to “crush” the shellfish. If we spend time then they won’t know anything.
- We prepare the dressing . In a bowl we are adding the garlic and the well chopped parsley, 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, plus one of white wine. We mix well.
- One trick I often use is to pour the dressing into a glass jar. I close it and shake it with up-down movements.
- In this way it emulsifies the mixture and remains in a mellow texture, perfect for adding to seafood.
Preparation of grilled scampi. Final presentation
- We put the griddle at maximum power, and spray with a jet of extra virgin olive oil. We spread the oil all over the plate with the help of kitchen paper.
- We place the crawfish on the side of the shell (opposite the legs) for 1 minute, which is the least heat resistant side.
- We spread the dressing evenly over the area of the legs, which are visible.
- Turn them over on the griddle and cook for 2 minutes now, with the legs and dressing in the heat zone.
- We remove and salt to taste. Most of the salt will remain on the outside but when we eat them our fingers will be impregnated and we will feel the salty taste when we taste them.
We serve hot on the table and enjoy some delicious grilled scampi. The best way to savor this delicacy from the seas.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for cooking grilled seafood
- When choosing them at the point of sale, check the freshness of the pieces: that they have a pinkish shell, resistant to touch. The eyes are bright, with an intense black color, a pleasant smell and that its legs are firmly attached to the body.
- Crayfish-like shellfish such as carabineros, prawns, prawns, razor clams, prawns or scallops are made following the same steps as this recipe.
- You can also prepare them cooked (in salted water or in some that are already sold specifically for cooking seafood). The scampi can be cooked and then battered in tempura or in flour and eggs.
- They are very common on the grill and we can use the scampi in a rice , zarzuela or a cataplana . Thousand ideas to eat some crawfish.
- Grilling is a healthy cooking method, as it requires little fat, as well as fast and tasty. For grilling it is essential that it is very hot, to prevent what we are going to grill from sticking.
- In turn, the heat must be uniform over the entire surface of the iron, so if it is electric, it is recommended that the temperature pilot light go on and off a couple of times when high temperatures are used.
- When we put the seafood on the plate, it is recommended to do it first on one side and then on the other, without making the piece too dizzy. And it was always salted at the end, and not before cooking.