- 20 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.25 / person
- 195kcal per 100g.
How to make a lentil salad . I am one of those who enjoy a good spoon dish, some homemade lentils with chorizo or a chickpea stew with spinach , they are for me an enjoyment at the table.
Nobody disputes that legumes are healthy and that we must include them in our diet on a regular basis. The fact is that we do not always want or have time to prepare a good stew, and also when the heat is pressed they are not, in many cases, what we most want.
Today I bring you a recipe for legumes that will solve these problems, neither time nor effort will be needed to prepare this lentil salad. We no longer have reasons not to eat legumes throughout the year, preparing a very fresh salad where the main ingredient is lentils , is not only possible, but it will be a success.
For this type of preparation, and especially if we do not have too much time to prepare a meal, it is a very important option to take into account using cooked vegetables that you can find on any large surface.
Combined with all kinds of vegetables, and seasoned with the sauce that we like, we will have a super tasty and very healthy summer salad . A perfect way to eat on our weekly menu, the fantastic vegetables.
Preparation of the lentil salad
- We remove the most fibrous part of the base of the wild asparagus. We cut the rest into two or three parts and put it in a small pan with two tablespoons of olive oil. We brown the asparagus until they begin to brown, remove, salt and reserve.
- In a bowl we are adding all the ingredients of the salad. We begin by washing and cutting the red pepper into a cube and add it to the bowl. Peel and cut the onion into a thin julienne and add it.
- We wash the carrot and grate it. We do the same with raw beets, we remove the outer skin and grate it. We add both ingredients to the bowl.
- We wash the tomato and chop it into small squares and add it to the rest of the ingredients.
- Finally, we wash a handful of parsley and chop it before including it in the salad.
Preparation of lentils. Final presentation of the salad
- Regarding lentils, this time I used lentils already cooked from a pot.
- If you prefer to cook them at home you have to be careful to soak them from the night before. Cook them and let them cool down before using them in the salad.
- Add the cooked lentils to the bowl. We remove carefully so that the lentils do not break but all the ingredients are integrated.
- We prepare a vinaigrette by mixing all the ingredients in a glass jar. In my case a simple one, extra virgin olive oil, a little vinegar and salt. Shake well and water with the sauce.
- We serve the salad in individual bowls, decorating and complementing the dish with some sticks of wild asparagus.
It is a nutritious and very tasty salad that can perfectly be a unique, complete and healthy dish, or a fresh garnish for a barbecue dinner.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.