- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 2 / person
- 320kcal per 100g.
How to make spaghetti nero di sepia with gulas and prawns.
This pasta recipe is very simple, its ingredients make you have no problem.
In addition, it is a dish with which you will meet a great Italian chef if you have to prepare food for your partner or family.
These spaghetti are prepared with sepia ink, which gives them that particular and original black color with a slight sepia flavor. Starting from the original recipe spaghetti nero di seppia al frutti di mare we have varied the recipe a bit.
These spaghetti are much simpler and with fewer ingredients. The touch of gulas and prawns makes this recipe have a special and intense sea flavor.
Color is important when dressing a plate and in pasta it is the main element. In this case the black of the spaghetti and the contrast of the gluttony makes it very appealing to anyone who likes pasta.
We have prepared this pasta al dente, as they send in Italy. In addition we have chosen a special Garofalo pasta, “La Pasta de Gragnano”, Spaghetti nero di sepia , which are made with durum wheat semolina with a rough black surface that characterizes this recipe.
Gulas are made from surimi (す り 身), a technique of Japanese origin that consists of extracting part of the sea flavor from the fish. White fish are normally used, which is high in protein.
I always have two or three trays of gulas in the freezer, they can get you out of a hurry and they are used to make hundreds of dishes, from an accompaniment to some toasts , with some broken eggs or as an accompaniment to a salad .
I have never tried the famous eels that as they say in my land: “Eels, have them hailas” , but surely they are very good. Who wants to send a few will be well received, meanwhile gluttony …
Preparation of baby eels with prawns
- The most important thing to prepare the gluttony is the order of the vegetables you are going to use. Onion first, then garlic.
- We cut the onion in julienne strips and the garlic cloves very minced.
- Add a good oil to the casserole and fry the onions over low heat, until golden. It will take 5-10 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic cloves about 3 minutes without letting the onion burn, also over low heat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- We introduce the gluttons and stir everything gently to mix the flavors for about 5 minutes. We add a pinch of ground cayenne to give the dish a spicy taste.
- Finally we add the prawns (in this case already defrosted and dried with a piece of absorbent paper so that they do not release too much water).
- We let everything cook for 3 more minutes until the sauce is made. We reserve and we will prepare the spaghetti nero di sepia.
Preparation of spaghetti nero di sepia
- The first step is to have the accompaniment of the nero di sepia already prepared before the pasta reaches the water. The sauce should always wait for spaghetti and not the other way around.
- We heat in a large saucepan, in this case I always have reserved in a large saucepan for this type of preparation.
- One liter of water is necessary for every 100 g. pasta is the recommended measure per person, except if we are passionate about spaghetti at home.
- These proportions, which are normally indicated on the packaging, help the paste not stick together. And always try to use a large casserole, the largest in your kitchen.
- If you cook pasta many times it will be very useful to buy a casserole for those occasions, a good investment.
- When it begins to boil in spurts we add 1 generous handful of salt, about 2 level tablespoons per 500 g. of pasta.
- Then we add the pasta, always all together. Stir with a wooden spoon so that the spaghetti does not stick and are loose.
- On the back of the pasta package comes the cooking time, we must be guided by these instructions because for each type it is different, in this case it is 10 minutes.
- In this way we will achieve what is called pasta “al dente” or at its right point, that is, that it does not pass, although a great tip is to try it almost at the end, just in case the package deceives us.
Final presentation of the nero di sepia with gulas and prawns
- Once the time has elapsed, drain the pasta immediately and combine it with the base of gulas and prawns that we have reserved.
- Add the freshly made spaghetti to the sauce and mix everything with a spoon so that the flavors are well combined. We serve them warm.
It is certainly a simple and quick dish to make, but delicious. Do not stop trying it and you will tell me …
Be sure to enjoy all the pasta recipes that we have on the blog.