- 20 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 2.5 € / person
- 285kcal per 100g.
How to make honey chicken Do you want to prepare a luxury dish in 20 minutes? Do you have a dinner with friends and want to succeed like Chichos? Well, for this I present this honey chicken with an aromatic touch of thyme and rosemary .
A rich and healthy dish, very easy to prepare and with which we will achieve a juicy chicken breast with a special touch reminiscent of Arab cuisine. Well browned, sweetened with honey and accompanied by the aroma of various aromatic plants, I have prepared it with chicken breasts, but it would also be very good with turkey if you prefer.
This chicken recipe is very simple, a grilled chicken breast but with all the country flavor that thyme and rosemary provide, giving the recipe an interesting sweet flavor thanks to honey.
These ingredients give the chicken an oriental touch, similar to the exotic touch of Moroccan recipes. An original combination of ingredients that will certainly not leave your family or guests indifferent.
It is a dish for those who like different and special flavors, very similar to some blog recipes like. I hope you enjoy it.
Marinate the chicken and prepare side potatoes
- Season the chicken and leave it to marinate with the honey, the soy sauce (combines great with the honey), a good splash of extra virgin olive oil, thyme and rosemary.
- You should let it marinate for half an hour in the fridge. We cover the bowl with transparent film so that it does not catch odors.
- Remember that with these heats the chicken can be spoiled. With this process we are going to get the chicken to take on all the flavor of the aromatic herbs and honey.
- Meanwhile we boil the potatoes or cook them in the micro . My recommendation is to make them in the microwave, they look great. You can see all the tricks to make you look perfect on the blog.
Honey chicken preparation and final presentation
- The 30 minutes of marinating the chicken are almost over and we begin with the preparation of the chicken.
- In a large skillet, heat two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. When it is very hot, remove the chicken from the marinade and carefully pour it into the pan, do not burn.
- We brown without overcooking, just to seal the skin and make it juicy inside. One minute on each side is more than enough.
- Once the breasts change color, add the sauce that we had from the maceration of the chicken to the pan with all the fillets. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- We add in the last minute of cooking the potatoes cut in half to catch the flavor of the sauce.
- It is best to add a few tablespoons of water so that we have a little more liquid. I assure you that the sauce will thicken and take on a slightly gelatinous consistency thanks to the honey. This sauce with some bread is glorious, you will not leave anything on the plate.
- We assemble the plate placing the chicken fillets with their sauce and the potatoes.
- We add a little salt on top, Maldon flake type comes in handy.
- Decorate with a little rosemary and thyme to give a green touch to the dish that makes the difference.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for a yummy honey chicken
- To give more flavor to the breasts, they can be macerated a few hours before with honey, rosemary, thyme and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Do not cook the chicken too much before adding the sauce, since it has to cook with it later. If the sauce is too runny, leave it on the fire for a few minutes to thicken it.
- Rosemary and thyme are essential in my kitchen and provide that special Mediterranean touch, I would say yummy. I recommend using them as fresh as possible, because when they dry they lose part of their aromatic potential
- Rosemary is usually used mainly in meat dishes, especially to season game birds. It is used by introducing it into the cuts of the meat and roasting it, once the roast is ready to serve, the twigs with leaves are removed and the dish is served with all the aroma and flavor of rosemary
- It is important to use it at the end of the dish preparation, as this way we will not lose the properties of its essential oils, which are volatile and can be lost if they are introduced too soon into the meat. Unlike rosemary, thyme needs a cooking time to release its essential oils.