- 15 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 7.2 € / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make an avocado timbale with prawn tartar. You will find yourself with a fast and very easy delicatessen dinner, without equal.
Once you take the step of doing it at home, you no longer change it. I hope you like this light, refreshing cream with a creamy texture, of great quality.
In Mexico, guacamole usually has the following ingredients: tomato, onion, serrano pepper, coriander, lemon and avocado. The truth is that when a dish is simple and has four things, it is not necessary to add more and more ingredients, because it loses its true flavor. But I assure you that this Pescanova prawn tartar completes it and gives it an impressive flavor, a sweet contrast that goes great with guacamole .
I hope you get your hands on the avocado and prepare it at home, it is a dish that triumphs among the many friends who often visit our house.
Preparation of the base ingredients of this light guacamole
- Peel the onion and wash the tomato. We chop them very fine, as much as possible, that they are seen but that they are just right.
- We choose some ripe avocados that are not too hard to crush, and the taste of ripe avocado is much better.
- It must be mature but not soft, the skin must be firm and when pressed with the finger it will sink slightly.
- If you have bought them very green, you can wrap them in newspaper and leave them in a bowl at room temperature to ripen. Never in the fridge.
- Cut the avocados in half to the bone and rotate each part separating the two halves. We use a plastic spoon to empty the two parts and leave the bone in the same source where we are going to put the avocado.
How to mix the avocado of this guacamole
- The ingredients are crushed with a plastic or wooden fork and in a plastic bowl. In this way we avoid oxidation and get a more or less irregular paste with stumbles. We add the lime juice directly on the avocado and start crushing with the fork.
- We mix everything with the tomato and onion that we have reserved and a pinch of salt.
- Optionally we chop the serrano chile very fine. I usually wear gloves because spicy can be dangerous if you later rub your eyes.
- We add it to the mixture and put everything together with a wooden spoon with enveloping movements so as not to vary the irregular texture of our sauce.
Preparing the avocado timbale with the prawn tartar
- We try in case it is necessary to add a little more spice and salt. Remember that we are going to take it with tortilla chips or corn triangles. All this has salt and we are going to use it as spoons, so don’t go over salty.
- We open the Pescanova prawn tartare, previously thawed in the fridge, and combine it with the accompanying sauce. We stir everything very well so that the flavors come together.
- We put soft guacamole on top of our plate (in this case I helped myself with a plating ring) and on top the prawn tartar.
- We can sprinkle a little freshly cut coriander or chives, but optionally. As is also very good.
- Accompany with tortillas or corn triangles.
Enjoy it as a quick and very easy dinner. Do it at home, you will tell me the result, for sure, yummy.
I encourage you to visit more recipes for tapas, snacks and pinchos perfect to enjoy with yours. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the recipe for the avocado and prawn timbale.