- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 5 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make gilding on the back.
It is a typical recipe from our recipe book, very easy to prepare and very healthy, golden on the back with some vegetables .
I have decided to accompany it with vegetables and specifically with a little braised broccoli (also called broccoli).
The sea bream on the back is one of the most classic ways of preparing this and other fish in a similar way, such as sea bass or sea bream.
This cooking technique consists of cooking the fish on the grill or in the oven and then drizzling it with a garlic and chili sauce (cayenne pepper) to which a splash of vinegar has been added.
La dorada has seasonal fishing but the production in the farm allows us to enjoy it throughout the year and at an affordable price.
It is a semi-fat fish and, therefore, low in calories. It is a food with an important contribution of vitamins, polyunsaturated fatty acids, making it highly digestive.
It is evident that it is a very healthy dish, with the advantage of its easy preparation and its delicate flavor. You will love it.
Preparation of the sea bream on the back
- The gilt-head breams must be flaked, gutted, headless and cut in half.
- We have asked the fishmonger to prepare them for us on the back, they will leave it perfect for cooking.
- Grease the baking tray with olive oil where we are going to place the fish.
- Place the gilthead on top, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little more oil.
- We preheat the oven to 200º C and when it is hot we introduce the tray and bake for 12 – 15 minutes.
Preparation of the vegetables. Accompaniment
- We take the opportunity to cook the vegetables. In this case we have opted for broccoli but with a different touch to make it tastier.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan, add two minced garlic cloves and brown until they turn brown.
- Add the washed broccoli and sauté over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper. We place the broccoli in a pot and add 150 ml of water and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, until tender. Drain and reserve.
- While the broccoli has just cooked, make the sauce that will accompany the dish.
Accompanying sauce of gilthead bream
- We laminate two garlic cloves and fry them in a pan with very hot oil.
- Add a cayenne pepper and leave a couple of minutes until the garlic is browned.
- Remove from the heat and add a tablespoon of sherry vinegar, being careful because the oil jumps a little due to the temperature difference. Remove from the heat and place in a sauce boat.
Final presentation of the golden
- We take the sea bream from the oven and water with this sauce.
- We can serve them directly on the oven tray and that each diner is served or we can serve it. Accompany with the vegetables.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.
You can see all the photos of the step by step or in the next album.
Tips for perfect gilded backs
- The fish can also be accompanied with baked potatoes or a very fresh salad. To drink the ideal will be a very cool white wine.
- We have cooked a half-kilo bream more or less, it would be a bream as a serving per person.
- An easy and very cheap recipe and you buy aquaculture breams. The cultivated meat is softer and less tasty than that of wild specimens, so despite the convenience of being able to eat it when we feel like it, I recommend that in its season, you buy it from the sea, in order to taste and enjoy its original flavor.