- 40 minutes
- For 8 people
- 2.9 € / person
- 282kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a cake of smoked salmon .
I don’t know why this salmon pie reminds me of those fish recipes that appeared in cookbooks from the 60s.
Those photos with their own vintage touch, in which fish cakes with or without jelly were presented. Always accompanied by an infinite prop on a long wooden table full of meats.
With this preparation, the same thing that happened to me with the seafood cocktail or the seafood salpicón that my mother prepared years ago, and that are always a sure value, delicious and worthy of assessment.
This dish really can’t be easier. It is about preparing a kind of salty tart where the layers of filling are interspersed with bread, in this case a mold and it is presented lined with sheets of smoked salmon that gives it a bright and colorful appearance.
I encourage you to get down to work this Christmas and prepare this delicious salmon cake at home , I promise you sure success.
Preparation of the smoked salmon cake base
- We choose a rectangular pan to prepare the cake. We cover the mold with transparent paper. This way we will not have problems when unmolding the cake.
- On the transparent paper we place a layer of salmon covering the entire surface of the mold.
- We place a layer of sliced bread so that its entire base is covered.
- We cook the eggs for 12 minutes, drain them, peel and reserve.
- In a bowl we mix the ingredients of the cake filling.
- We add chopped roasted peppers, cooked and chopped prawns, trimmings that we have left over to line the mold, minced tuna, mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup.
- We crush the mixture with the hand mixer and continue adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the chopped eggs, reserving 1 to decorate the cake.
- Add the tomato, cut into small cubes, the capers, the frayed surimi and the fine cut lettuce. Mix well with a fork.
Montage of Smoked Salmon Pie
- Fill the mold of the cake with half of the mixture of ingredients that we have prepared.
- We cover with a second layer of sliced bread and add the rest of the filling. We cover the mixture with a last layer of sliced bread.
- We cover the cake with transparent paper and store it in the fridge overnight.
- To serve the cake, we remove it from the fridge about 30 minutes before to warm it.
- We turn the mold over a source and remove the transparent film that covers the cake. It’s that easy and we just have to put it in the center of the table.
It is a fun and different dish, perfect for all kinds of tables, whether party or informal.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in this recipe album for the smoked salmon cake .
Tips for a yummy salmon pie
- Preparing this cake or savory cake for a special occasion, which we can have prepared beforehand is always a success. A hit for the cook and for your guests. A way to enjoy your time and that of your diners on special dates, for example, Christmas.
- We can tune the filling combining the ingredients that we like the most. It will be perfect with more seafood if you have a budget, you just have to combine it with the rest of the ingredients and they are well impregnated with sauce.
- Very important that before bringing to the table, the salmon cake is cold, so we will have it in the fridge about 30 minutes before so that it warms up and is perfect to serve.