- 45 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.4 € / person
- 285kcal per 100g.
How to make French toast. French toast is one of the dessert recipes par excellence within the sweet repertoire of our country, a classic that, year after year, we prepare again at home, mainly at Easter.
The most classic and traditional French toast is the French toast , which is soaked in flavored milk or not. Bathe with egg and fry in plenty of oil. On the blog you will find a special with the best French toast , among which you can enjoy a different recipe. A different way of preparing this traditional dessert with a special touch, some French toast .
It is an equally easy and simple recipe to prepare as the classic French toast , in which we do not use milk at all. This makes this recipe perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic .
We substitute dairy for a coffee syrup with sugar, highly flavored with lemon, cinnamon and cocoa. Finally we continue with the same process as with the more traditional French toast, egg bath and frying.
Although in my house the classic thing was always to use the bread from previous days to prepare this sweet, it wasn’t until I arrived in Madrid when I discovered the special bread for French toast with which I have prepared this recipe. This bread has a consistency that makes it perfect for this dessert since it allows us to soak each slice without the risk that they end up falling apart due to the amount of liquid they absorb.
Whichever bread you use, I encourage you to prepare this dessert, it will surprise you with its tasty and aromatic flavor, a whole sweet treat.
Preparation of coffee French toast
- I recommend that you use special toast bread to prepare this recipe. With this bread the French toast will maintain their consistency without breaking despite being completely soaked with the syrup that we put on it.
- Once we have the bread on hand we start preparing the syrup. To do this, add the water, sugar, cinnamon stick, a pinch of salt and lemon peel in a saucepan.
- We put the casserole on the fire and let it boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the coffee, cocoa and rum. Mix well and let the mixture infuse for a few hours.
- Once we have the syrup ready, cut the bread slices and place them in the syrup until it is soaked.
- The time that the bread must be in the syrup will be different depending on the type of bread that we use.
- If we use special bread for French toast this will have enough consistency to stay for 10 minutes on each side absorbing liquid.
- If we make them with bread from the previous day, we should not leave it for more than a couple of minutes. Since we will run the risk of ending up falling apart.
Frying and final presentation of the French toast
- We pass each slice well soaked in syrup by beaten egg.
- We prepare a large frying pan with plenty of sunflower oil, the skin of a lemon and a cinnamon stick. We put it on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot and has been well impregnated with the aromas of lemon and cinnamon, remove these two ingredients and add the bread to the pan.
- Many slices should not be fried at the same time. It is to avoid that the oil loses its strength and that the bread is too greasy.
- Let the slices brown on both sides. Once ready, we remove them and let them drain the excess oil in a plate on kitchen paper.
- In a simple and fast way we can enjoy different French toast, with the aroma of coffee, cinnamon and lemon.
- It is a perfect dessert for any winter snack. I assure you that the result is a fantastic bite, of course, of course.
If you like this recipe, be sure to visit our special desserts and sweets for Easter and Easter .
I leave you a step by step in photos of this recipe for French toast so that they come out yes or yes.