- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 1.9 / person
How to prepare an Andalusian soak . Expand your range of flavors, set aside the classic lettuce and tomato salad and prepare this Andalusian salad .
An original and traditional salad recipe at the same time, perfect for cooking something different and healthy, without too many complications. This salad will be an exquisite first course at a summer dinner. Remojón or cod and orange salad , which combines the flavor of the fruit with that of the sea.
The soaking as a salad has innumerable variants in the provinces of Almería, Granada and Málaga. They are usually built on the basis of orange and cod (not so other versions in broth). In some places the cod is added without desalting, only crumbled. In many it is roasted, in others it is raw … the variations are endless.
The presence of oranges tells us about a dish that was once autumn / winter. In fact it was consumed for the slaughter of the pig that in many places occurs around San Martín (November 11). Nowadays, even if we are in August, we can get oranges without any problem. Although you can replace them with some other fruit. Imagination to the power.
- The cod is desalted by putting it in water at night. It gets into the fridge so that it can be discouraged at low temperature until the next day. I prefer not to desalinate the fish at all, this salad is prepared with cod without desalting in some areas and the counterpoint with the other flavors is excellent.
- Drain and roast with a splash of oil at about 180 ºC, without snatching, about 15 minutes. Let cool, crumble and set aside.
- We cook the eggs. We cover them with cold water and cook 10 minutes from the boil. We should not cook them any longer since a dark greenish halo forms around the yolk that is unpleasant to the eye.
- With these indications they must be perfect, they cool, peel and reserve.
- We peel the oranges and try to remove as much of the albedo (white) as possible. They are cut into slices or tacos and reserved.
- We cut the onion slice into cubes.
- We pit the olives (I used some delicious Aragonese olives).
- To assemble the salad, place the ingredients in this order: orange, onion, cod, olives and eggs. That if you want to make the salad to my liking, if you want to contradict me, well, you do it differently.
- I prefer these fruit salads personally without vinegar, although their thing is to vinegar them. So I give you permission to do so, take magnanimity. Finally, the salad is watered with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
And take advantage, you will see how you like it.