- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3.9 / person
- 238kcal per 100g.
How to make rice with clams.
Among the most classic recipes that we can prepare with rice , those that we prepare with mollusks stand out. The cockles , the clams , mussels or lobster are always a great accompaniment.
Today it is time to prepare this festive rice with clams . One of the finest mollusks, they provide us with a tasty flavor and aroma and with all the essence of the sea.
It will not take many ingredients or very long and complicated elaborations to prepare this delicious seafood dish. With what is a perfect rice recipe to succeed on a holiday, special occasion or Christmas .
How it is always essential to have quality raw materials, as it largely guarantees the success of a recipe.
Therefore, if we can get tasty clams, preparing a luxurious clam rice with round SOS rice will be more than simple.
Before cooking the rice. Clams
- It is essential to remove the sand that clams usually bring so that it is not bothersome and does not spoil the recipe.
- It is convenient to have them about three hours before cooking them in a saucepan or large plastic container.
- We must add water, a good handful of coarse salt (50/60 grams per liter of water) and change the water three or four times.
- Clams drink and often drop a lot of sand. Do not panic because it is a sign that the clam is of good quality, directly brought from the sand of the Ría de Pontevedra.
- So that they come out of yummy I advise you to open them in a little liquid to avoid major ills. Some of them do not usually open and we will have to throw them away, also those that are broken.
- To make them in the saucepan we wash the clams very well in cold water and remove all the impurities. We reserve.
Preparation of rice with clams
- In a wide saucepan, where we will then cook the rice, heat a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic and 1 or 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
- When the garlic begins to brown, add the rice. We fry the rice for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the white wine to the casserole and allow the alcohol to evaporate for 2 minutes before adding the fish stock.
- We consider 2.5 part of liquid for each part of rice. Therefore for the 300 g. of rice that we are using, we will use 750 ml. of fish stock . It is important that the broth is hot at the time of incorporating it into the casserole.
- We cook the rice for 10 minutes and add the clams to the casserole.
- Cover and continue cooking the rice and clams until they open, about 3 more minutes. We must take into account that the clams will release their water, so we will leave the casserole covered and without fire for 2 more minutes so that the rice rests and the flavors are integrated.
- We serve very hot. At the table, ladies and gentlemen.
I assure you that you will succeed with this recipe, because it is simply delicious. And above all, serve it with a good fresh Galician white wine.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for rice with clams . Do not miss any detail so that you get a perfect mariñeiro rice.
Tips for a rice with yummy clams
- When we prepare a seafood rice with fish or seafood, the broth we use is very important, it must be appropriate, since it is the one that will give all the flavor to the rice.
- A good fish broth or homemade fumet will accentuate the taste of the sea without the need for many ingredients.
- The normal ratio of rice to water for this recipe is 2.5 parts liquid per part rice. I recommend you cover the casserole with a lid when you will prepare it, especially when adding the ingredients. And of course do not remove it and leave it alone … the rice with patience.