- 30 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.5 / person
- 266kcal per 100g.
How to prepare artichokes with clams . Of course we can say that we are on the best date to cook the 2 ingredients of this recipe, artichokes and clams, it is impossible for us to go wrong with quality product and a little good work.
The recipes vegetables when they are in season are the best option, leave no one indifferent and besides healthy are tasty. We can impress our guests with an easy, tasty and very successful dish, a combination of sea and mountain flavors with which you will enjoy every bite.
We are in artichoke season and as I am of the opinion that the best thing in the kitchen is to take advantage of seasonal products , here I leave you a great recipe for artichokes well accompanied, artichokes with clams .
The artichoke, artichoke or artichoke , is a plant that is grown in countries with temperate climates throughout the world, although originally from the Mediterranean area. With water as the majority component, it is a vegetable with very few calories.
Although it has a significant amount of fiber and minerals such as sodium, potassium, phosphorus and calcium, the artichoke stands out for having cinnarin and sterols in its composition. On the one hand, cinnarin, fantastic for the liver and sterols with the capacity to limit the absorption of cholesterol by the intestine.
Accompanying this wonderful food with some clams , turns this dish into a delicacy as healthy as it is tasty .
Being able to enjoy a category dish with little fat and a lot of flavor is not always a combination, but in this case success is assured. And if in addition the work to prepare it at home at a minimum, makes this recipe one of the recurring ones in my house when the intention is to stay as kings.
Preparation of the clams
- We put the clams to soak in water with a lot of salt for about 3 hours. In this way we will get the sand and impurities inside to be cleaned and eliminated.
- It is important that we add enough salt. It is about getting a saline habitat similar to that of the sea so that the waste can be opened and released.
- Drain the clams and put them in a saucepan with a finger of water in the bottom.
- We put the pot on the fire and cook until they open, which will not take more than 2 or 3 minutes once the water begins to boil. Drain the clams for a straining dish and reserve their water.
Preparation of clams with artichokes
- We clean the artichokes by removing the outer leaves until we reach the most tender area of the heart.
- We clean the sticks and cut the driest tip. As we clean and cut the artichokes into quarters, we leave them in a bowl with water and plenty of lemon juice. This will prevent them from rusting as much as possible.
- In a frying pan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the garlic cloves, finely chopped and 3 or 4 tablespoons of crushed parsley. When the garlic begins to brown, add the drained and dried artichokes. We cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour to the casserole and brown it with the rest of the vegetables. Add the wine and let it evaporate to the alcohol for a few minutes.
- We incorporate the broth from the cooking of the clams and cook for 10 minutes. We check the salt adding more if necessary.
- Add the reserved clams to the casserole, leave half a minute for them to regain temperature and remove from the heat.
- We serve the artichokes with very hot clams. Finally, sprinkle with fresh parsley and a piece of bread on hand to dip in the sauce.
Quickly and easily we have a luxury dish to enjoy, perfect to be like kings without complications.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and shellfish that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos from step to step in the next album. Follow them and I assure you that you will not get lost and the recipe will come out the first time.