- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 1.2 € / person
At home we are passionate about this type of Japanese pasta. Although normally it is usually prepared with miso soup in this case I have prepared it as if they were normal noodles in the Asian style. I have been accompanying me for a few years a wok that is with which I prepare vegetables, rice and pasta for Asian dishes and the truth is that everything is very good. This is one of them, I had not prepared it for at least a year, since my trip to Vietnam. On the blog you will find several dishes with noodles, most are recipes with chicken , although you can tune your noodles with the ingredients that you like the most.
Udon is a type of thick noodle made from flour, popular in Japanese food. It was imported to Japan from China in the 6th century. This original udon was 2 to 3 cm. in diameter and was a flat omelette in the shape of a “noodle” added to the miso soup. They are normally served in a dashi-based broth, soy sauce and mirin. Then one or more ingredients are added on top. But as I just told you these I have prepared today do not have miso soup. In some recipe I will teach you how to prepare them. I hope you like this type of noodles and prepare them at home, I assure you that they will be a recipe that will become a classic.
Preparation of the pasta
- Heat two liters of water in a large saucepan. When it starts to boil we add the contents of the Nittin noodle package. Although most of the time these types of Japanese noodles are already cooked, we put them in the casserole so that they are hot. We heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
- We remove the noodles with a wooden spoon so that they do not stick and are loose.
- We drain immediately and add them to the wok directly. If you don’t want to have one more pot to wash, go over this section…
Preparing the vegetables and chicken in the wok
- Peel the garlic clove and the ginger (we scratch it as finely as possible). We reserved the 2.
- Chop the onions in 4 quarters, so that they are in half moons. Add the oil to the wok and fry the onions with the garlic clove and the ginger, this process is very fast. In less than 5 minutes it is done, the great quality of the Wok is its speed when it comes to cooking and that the food has almost no oil. We reserve in a bowl.
- Cut the peppers (red and green) into julienne strips. We introduce in the wok as before, we add a little more oil, although the juice left by the different vegetables will remain, which will help us cook the rest of the ingredients. 5 to 7 minutes over medium heat. The peppers have to be crispy on the palate. We reserve in the bowl with the onions.
- We cut the chicken breast into large pieces and put them in a bowl or bowl. Season with salt and pepper and add a dash of soy sauce (it is best to have the chicken macerating for 2 hours before preparing it). Pour into the wok and spend immediately (about 3-5 minutes at high temperature) with the vegetables. We remove in the same bowl of the vegetables.
- Chop and wash the mushrooms very well, we put them in the wok for 3 minutes over medium heat and reserve in the bowl.
- We put everything in the wok and sprinkle everything with 2 generous tablespoons of curry. We remove everything carefully with a wooden spoon. 3-5 minutes over high heat.
- We introduce the noodles in the wok. We remove everything gently and leave them for 1 more minute over medium heat.
- We remove from the fire and add the bean sprouts. And that’s it! Serve them freshly made.
It is a fast, delicious and very cheap dish. If you want to surprise one of your friends who likes Asian food, here is a successful dish that takes no more than 30 minutes. See you in the next recipe, dear cooks.