- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- 5.4 € / person
- 286kcal per 100g.
- · ·
How to make rice with scampi and vegetables .
This sea and mountain rice is one of the many types of rice that Encarna makes throughout the year.
Many recipes with rice come out very well and each Sunday surprises us with a delicious dish.
In this case, the protagonist is seafood , and especially some crayfish , also a sea flavor, thanks to mussels, shrimp and squid, but you can change what you can think of, imagination to power.
As you will see in the preparation we have also added a little chicken to give it that point that I like.
The best thing is that she has a Valencian paella , in this case from Denia, which goes on gas and thus it is perfect. But the most important thing is the ingredients, always fresh and seasonal if possible. We have cooked it with a round SOS rice that never fails us. The result is spectacular because the mixture of flavors is really delicious.
In the end the secret is the ingredients, especially the rice and the broth. Having this ready there will be no rice to resist you. To her! and enjoy the rice.
For this dish we need a metal paella, which we usually use for this type of recipes with rice. Although it can be done in a casserole for rice, but it works much better in paella.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop as best as possible. We reserve.
- We chop the onion and the peppers (green and red) very very fine so that they melt in the cooking.
- It is important not to notice its texture but the flavor they give to rice.
- Chop the squid rings and the tomato into small pieces. We reserve for later.
- Add the oil to the paella. When the oil is hot, fry the onions with the peppers.
- This process takes about 8 minutes over high heat, always stirring carefully. We add the tomato very chopped and the 2 bay leaves.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper. Add the minced garlic cloves (it is best to have the chicken macerating for about 2 hours before preparing it so that the flavors come together).
- Add the chicken to the paella and spend it (about 10-15 minutes at medium temperature) with the vegetables.
- Peel the scampi (always the smallest ones and set aside 5 to decorate the paella) and the prawns, and reserve by parts, the shells on one side (for the fish fumet) and the meat on the other to add later.
- We wash the mussels very well and set aside in a bowl. In this case they go without shell but can be thrown with it.
- We add squid rings, prawns and Norway lobster tails.
- Stir everything carefully with a spoon 3-5 minutes over medium heat without haste.
Rice, cooking and final presentation of rice with scampi
- We introduce the rice and stir everything gently so that it is well impregnated with the stew and absorbs the flavor. Leave for 5 more minutes on medium heat.
- We add the fumet or fish broth to the paella. For the bomb rice issue, the exact measurements are 2 and a half broth for every 1 rice.
- Even so, if we observe that the rice is a little hard but the paella pan is running out of liquid, we gradually add more fumet until it is at its point.
- We raise the temperature to the maximum until it begins to boil and then we lower it to half and it is done little by little (this process lasts between 15-18 minutes). Halfway through cooking we add the mussels so that they do not overdo it.
- We rectify liquid with water and we are testing the rice. We remove from the fire and let stand 10 minutes.
- We decorate with the crawfish. And that’s it! Serve it freshly made.
Preparation of the fumet or fish broth
- You can follow all the tips we have on the blog to prepare a delicious fish broth . Although in this case we have made a small variation.
- We have to cook in a saucepan water (about 2 liters of water more or less). When it starts to boil add the scampi and prawn shells, 1/2 monkfish head, 1 leek, half an onion, 1 peeled carrot and 1 bay leaf.
- If we have any other fish remains (if possible white such as hake, rooster, conger eel, heads or bones) it can also be added, in this case it is monkfish.
- It is left to cook for about 20-25 minutes over low heat. The broth will start to foam, they are the remains of impurities. It is best to remove this foam.
- When the 20 minutes of cooking pass, add the 5 whole crawfish and cook them for 3-5 minutes with the broth, then remove them and set aside to add to the paella.
- And last step we pass the broth through a strainer and add to the paella.
- As you will have seen it does not have salt, it is best to add as we try the paella, to be able to rectify.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog.
Here you have all the step by step photos of the recipe for this rice with crayfish and vegetables in this album. Do not miss any detail and it will be perfect.