- 40 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 212kcal per 100g.
How to prepare garlic stewed rabbit .
Sometimes we find meat recipes like this, in which with few ingredients and minimal preparation, we get an unforgettable flavor.
The garlic flavor is very present in the recipe but in an elegant way, without being excessive.
Whether you love garlic or not, it is a recipe that you will surely add to the list of your “favorites”. Since the resulting sauce is really ” yummy “.
Rabbit is a low-fat white meat , suitable for low calorie diets. It stands out for its contribution of potassium, phosphorus and calcium and it is also economical since a rabbit for 6 people (1.5 Kg) will cost us 7-8 euros.
When we go to buy it, we must verify that its legs are flexible and its flesh is pink, characteristics that indicate that it is a tender specimen and in good condition.
For this recipe, we’ll need to have it chopped, so ask the butcher to cut it for frying and stewing. Even if you buy it already bagged, it will be enough to go to the meat section and they will gladly prepare it for you.
Of course, having very little fat, it can be a somewhat dry meat, so I always recommend cooking it with a sauce or garnish that adds juiciness to the dish.
On the blog you can find some other very successful recipe such as beer rabbit .
Preparation of the rabbit base with garlic
- We start by dressing the rabbit with salt and pepper, and leave it to rest until we cook it.
- We peel the garlic cloves, about 8-10 usually bring the heads.
- To give more flavor we are going to explode them slightly. It will be enough to press on the garlic clove with the knife, until we hear it break. We reserve.
- In a wide and flat saucepan, pour a sheet of extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- As soon as it reaches temperature, add the garlic and lower it to low heat (level 4 of 10).
- We want the garlic to be roasted little by little, releasing all its flavor to the oil but without being snatched or passed.
- We have to control them and that at no time do they get burned.
- After 5-6 minutes we can remove the garlic cloves, which we reserve for later.
Rabbit cooking and final presentation
- Now we raise the fire and as soon as the oil is hot we begin to fry the rabbit round and round.
- We cook until we see that the pieces of meat are well browned.
- Now we pour the wine and let it cook so that the alcohol evaporates.
- After 5 minutes, a sauce will have formed between the oil, the wine and the juices that the rabbit released.
- We incorporate the garlic cloves that we had reserved again and optionally we can add some aromatic fresh herb.
- I have added a small sprig of fresh thyme, which is perfect for rabbit stews.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. During this time, the sauce will thicken and acquire a slightly creamy texture.
- Halfway through cooking we can turn a piece of meat that protrudes from the sauce.
You can see all the photos of the step by step recipe for rabbit in garlic in this album.
Tips for a rabbit with yummy garlic
- The suggested garnish to accompany this dish can be a simple mixed salad, potatoes, white rice , a mashed vegetable and potato, etc.
- In Spanish cuisine, garlic is omnipresent, to such an extent that it has been said that it is an ambassador of our gastronomy in the world.
- In addition to adding flavor to our recipes, it is a food with healthy qualities. If you do not use it because it repeats a lot, know that to avoid it, it is enough to open the garlic clove with a cut and extract the germ from its interior without major difficulty.
- When you go to buy them, choose well-dried garlic externally, with firm, compact heads and without green sprouts. Once at home, keep them in cool, dry and ventilated places.
- The microwaved potatoes that we have already prepared several times on the blog are also like a finger ring.
- We serve warm on the table and enjoy this authentic “platform”.