- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.5 / person
- 202kcal per 100g.
How to prepare some Mexican tacos with chicken tinga .
I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love Mexican tacos . It is clear that its flavor has a lot to do, but we cannot forget that it is a very fun type of food.
A perfect dish to share with friends in a relaxed atmosphere and all accompanied by a delicious beer. It is one of the recipes with meat that is most prepared in Mexican homes and of course in many houses around the world. Mexican cuisine succeeds and is fashionable.
Among the most popular dishes in Tex-Mex cuisine are ” antojitos “. Appetizers accompanied by the famous guacamole , among which are the tacos , including those that I present you with chicken tinga , crispy nachos and meat burritos . Among all the varieties of tacos, probably the one we are going to cook today, with chicken tinga , is the favorite of the Spanish.
The tinga is nothing but a stew made with shredded beef, chicken here. Although it can also be made from beef or pork (the most famous tinga) accompanied by vegetables, which gives it a very intense flavor that takes over the dish right away.
Chiplote (a variety of chili) is usually added , although you can also incorporate chillies instead. These must be hydrated in hot water about half an hour before starting to cook the dish.
We will accompany this rich stew with some bowls with preparations that each diner can add to their omelette. To adapt it to the taste of the diner, julienne lettuce, tomato garnished with coriander, lime and avocado . Each one makes their taco as they prefer and … Enjoy all the flavor of Mexican cuisine!
Preparation of Mexican tacos with chicken Tinga
- We put a couple of chillies or chiplotes to hydrate in a bowl with warm water, about 30 minutes before starting to cook. After washing them, chop an onion, carrot and celery stick.
- We put everything in a pot, along with the bay leaf, a handful of fresh oregano and the chopped chicken. We cover it with water and bring it to a boil, when it begins to boil we lower the heat to a medium level and cook until it is done (about 20-25 minutes).
- We remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and, once cold, we crumble it with our hands. Strain the cooking broth and reserve
- We open the chillies and remove the seeds with the help of a knife.
- We cut an onion in half and put it in a saucepan along with half the tomatoes, the chillies and half the garlic cloves cut in half. We cover everything with chicken broth and boil about 10 minutes (until the onion is tender)
- We pass the contents of the casserole to a chopper and chop everything. We can add a little broth if it becomes excessively thick
- In another casserole, fry in a jet of oil the other half of the garlic cloves and the other onion cut into julienne strips.
- When they are golden, incorporate the shredded chicken and mix everything well with a wooden spoon. Again, if it is too dry, add chicken cooking stock. We fry until there is no liquid left. Add the vegetable sauce and a glass of vinegar to the chicken and let the sauce reduce almost completely.
- We correct salt and add freshly ground black pepper. If the flavor is acid, add a pinch of sugar. We remove and remove from the fire to rest.
Preparation of the garnish and final preparation of the tinga tacos
- For the garnish: cut the rest of the tomatoes in cubes of one centimeter or less and once placed in a bowl we season them with chopped coriander and a good squirt of lime. We cut the lettuce in julienne and fill another bowl with it.
- Chop the avocados and place them in a bowl. We spray lime juice as soon as possible so that they do not rust.
- All that remains is to heat the pancakes (always wrapped in a damp cloth). We serve everything separately, so that each guest can prepare them to their liking, this is our choice. Use a layer of lettuce on the pancake, on top a good tablespoon of tinga, and to finish, tomato and avocado …
You see how easy it is to bring all the flavor of Mexico to our home. Even having only ingredients that we can find in our favorite supermarket.
Remember that we can also prepare tinga with beef or even pork. They should always be accompanied by corn tortillas if possible, although with wheat they are also very good. They will always be richer if we heat them slightly before serving.
For that, just put them in the microwave for a minute or two, wrapped in a slightly moistened cloth. Nothing else. Enjoy some delicious Mexican tacos!
Be sure to enjoy the recipes for simple Mexican meals that we have on the blog. You can see all the step by step photos of the recipe for these Mexican tacos in this album.