- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.1 / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make a shrimp taco with avocados .
The taco recipes admit almost any ingredient, be it meat prepared in the form of chicken tinga or with seafood, such as the prawns that we are going to use today.
This seafood changes the taste and experience of eating tacos completely. Now it is no longer a hot and heavy meal, but refreshing and highly digestive, almost like a salad with the best ingredients.
We could put these tacos as a perfect appetizer for a meal with friends, it would be part of what Mexicans call ” antojitos “. Appetizers accompanied by the famous guacamole , among which are the tacos , the crispy nachos and the meat burritos .
This is a bit original and different from the tex-mex option that I am used to, since you will find a touch of Lebanese and Japanese cuisine. A whole experience, an explosion of flavors, delicious.
The tahini or tahina is a sauce originating in the Middle East which is based on sesame seeds (or sesame), it is relatively easy to find on the shelves of supermarkets or convenience stores, but can also be done at home, for which sufficient with chopping sesame seeds moistened with water or oil. Let’s go for those tacos with a sea flavor and a spicy point …
Preparation of the filling of the tacos. Prawns
- We remove the skin and the head of the prawns and reserve them for another preparation, a broth for a seafood rice would be a perfect option.
- We make a cut to the prawns along their back to remove the guts and reserve them.
- In a frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil and brown the garlic clove. When we see the garlic begin to brown. Add the prawns and sauté for one minute. Just enough for them to change color, and remove shrimp. We divide them into three or four parts and reserve.
- Remove the chillies from the water once hydrated (15 minutes in warm water is enough). We cut them lengthwise, remove the seeds and chop them very fine
- Mix in a bowl the coriander, the chopped chilli, the cumin, freshly ground black pepper and the juice of half a lime
- Spread the mixture over the chopped prawns with the help of a brush or with your hands, reserve.
Preparation of the sauce and final presentation of the prawn tacos
- To make the tahini (if we do not find it in a pot) we put sesame seeds in the grinder and add oil, we crush very patiently using a spatula when the mixture sticks to the walls
- Add in the same glass the meat of a peeled ripe avocado, a tablespoon of mustard, the juice from the other half of the lime, a splash of vinegar, a clove of garlic, minced into slices, salt and pepper. We crush everything until we make a paste. Chop the onion into rings and chop the endive.
- If we want to slightly heat the pancakes we put them in the microwave covered with a slightly humid cloth
- We assemble the tacos: a base of escarole, the marinated prawns, the onion rings and the avocado sauce
We already have it. If marinated prawns are the main attraction of this recipe, avocado sauce is the surprise that nobody expects and that complements its flavor perfectly…
Of course, it is a dish that you can prepare well in advance (even the day before) and go to the table in just 5 minutes. It goes without saying that as a starter for the warmer months it is a safe bet!
You can see all the step by step photos of the recipe for these tacos with prawns and avocado in this album.
Tips for some tacos de chubotete
- Although we can buy Mexican tortillas in any supermarket if we go to a store specialized in Latin products we will find some of better quality. And of course, you can encourage yourself to make them at home, you have how to make corn tortillas or wheat tortillas in the blog. They are delicious and very easy to make, once you try them, you will no longer like others.
- To prepare it we are going to give it a spicy touch. For this we can use a mixture of seven spices typical of Japanese cuisine known as shichimi togarashi or any other alternative.
- We have used a couple of peppers that we have hydrated 15 minutes before starting to cook. When using chili peppers or dried chillies, make sure that we remove all the seeds before chopping them. And add them to the plate so that their flavor is not too intense. Be careful with your hands, the spicy can then go to the eyes. You can use gloves.
- Remember that these tacos should always be accompanied by corn tortillas if possible, although with wheat they are also very good. They will always be richer if we heat them slightly before serving.
- For that, just put them in the microwave for a minute or two, wrapped in a slightly moistened cloth. Nothing else. Enjoy some delicious Mexican tacos!