- 40 minutes
- For 8 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 335kcal per 100g.
How to prepare a Christmas log. Although in recent years it is possible to find a multitude of dessert recipes with chocolate, perhaps this is one of the recipes that triumphs at home at Christmas.
A sponge cake with rolled multilayers, a super fluffy Genoese plate and with a Nutella-flavored filling. Your Christmas this year will be very sweet with this traditional sponge cake that turns into a Christmas log. Perfect to prepare with the little ones at home.
Do you like Nutella? Well, today’s dessert has the best of the traditional Christmas log and the preferred hazelnut cocoa cream at home. I don’t think anyone can resist this chocolate dessert.
The Christmas log with Nutella consists of a gypsy arm made with a Genoese sponge cake plate that is filled with cocoa cream with hazelnut, in this case, nougat, whipped cream, meringue or pastry cream, depending on the tastes of each house. And we finish with a delicious layer of cocoa cream with hazelnuts decorated in the purest Christmas style.
I am sure that at home you can enjoy preparing this Christmas log with your family.
Preparation of the Nutella trunk cake
- We sift the flour and melt the butter. We reserve
- We separate the whites from the yolks and put the whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a bowl. With a mixer of rods we mount the 8 whites with a pinch of salt until they are very firm.
- Add the sugar to the whites in several batches and continue beating until it is completely integrated. We will have a firm and shiny meringue.
- On the other hand, in a large bowl, beat the 5 eggs, the almond flour and the sugar. Finally, we add the melted butter in the previous mass.
- With manual rods we integrate the mixture with enveloping movements to prevent the whites from falling.
- We sift the flour and repeat the operation of integrating all the ingredients with delicate and enveloping movements.
- We preheat the oven to 180º C and place a baking paper on a tray suitable for the oven.
- We can stick it to the base with a few drops of the sponge cake mix or with a little butter.
- I have used a 30 x 35 cm tray. but you can use a bigger one. We just have to take into account that this way the cake plate will be finer.
- We spread the dough of the cake on the surface of the tray already covered, trying to make it everywhere the same thickness.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 200 º C. After removing the cake from the oven, and still hot, we cover it with a damp cloth. We turn it around and roll it up on itself. We let it cool like that folded.
- We can leave the cake stored in the fridge from one day to the next with the shape of an arm.
Preparation of the Christmas log with Nutella. Final assembly
- We unroll the Genoese cake leaving it on a sulfurized paper and with a knife we spread the entire surface with Nutella. The paper will facilitate the operation of rolling up and transferring it to the service tray.
- We spread the cocoa cream with hazelnuts, Nutella on the surface of the cake leaving two fingers free of one of the shorter sides.
- Roll the cake with the help of baking paper and store in the fridge.
- Spread the cocoa cream with hazelnuts on the entire surface of the Christmas log, leaving the ends of the Christmas log free.
- We keep in the fridge until the cocoa cream has hardened.
- With a fork or a punch we make grooves in our trunk as a decoration so that its appearance is like that of a tree trunk.
- Let it rest and cut the 2 ends so that you can see the inside of the cake with the cocoa cream and hazelnuts. We finish decorating to taste of home, if you want you can add Christmas details.
Enjoy a very Christmas dessert that will surely surprise your family, especially the little ones.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the album of the Christmas log with Nutella .