- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4.5 / person
- 170kcal per 100g.
Making an oven seabass .
There are few fish recipes as quick and simple and at the same time as grateful as a good baked fish .
If the raw material is good and made with care, the result is always delicious.
On the blog, sea bass with salt or sea bass on the back already triumphs , but this is easier if possible.
Sea bass , also called sea bass , is a white fish with a highly prized meat that is particularly good in the oven.
One of the main characteristics of sea bass is that it is one of the fish with the leanest meat , that is, it has a very low fat content.
If we cook sea bass in the oven as we are going to do today, we will be getting a very healthy and nutritious dish. In addition this fish also stands out for its contribution of essential amino acids.
Come on, if its excellent flavor was not enough reason to prepare a baked sea bass, we can resort to many other arguments to bring this very simple but effective recipe to the table.
I hope you like this recipe with sea bass and cheer up with it.
Before starting with the baked sea bass
- When buying the sea bass or sea bass, we must tell the fishmonger how we want it.
- In this case to make the oven must be whole sea bass. Clean of guts and scales, but do not make cuts because if they do, it will dry you out.
- It is better that the skin is whole. They are the professionals, they will perfectly know how to give you the best product.
Preparation of the accompaniment of baked sea bass
- We preheat the oven to 200º C.
- Peel and cut the onion into half rings of half a centimeter thick at most. We also peel the garlic clove and reserve.
- Peel and roll the potatoes into slices of less than one centimeter.
- In a refractory plate or in the oven tray, we spread a jet of extra virgin olive oil with the help of a silicone brush or similar.
- We have a layer of the chopped onion and on it, another layer with the potato slices.
- We salt, sprinkle freshly ground black pepper over the fish.
- Crush the garlic in a good stream of extra virgin olive oil and distribute that liquid over the sea bass. The amount of oil is not more than 20 ml of extra virgin olive oil.
- We put in the oven in the central part of the oven for about 25 minutes.
- As time passes (or when the potatoes are golden, whichever comes first), we remove the source. First we make the onion and the potatoes.
- Do not put everything in the oven at the same time, because the time required for the sea bass is much less than that of other ingredients, which have to be well done.
Baking and final presentation of baked sea bass
- Remember the ratio of 20 minutes per kilo of fish.
- The trick of examining the eye when it turns white is that the fish is done.
- It is important not to open the oven during cooking. Since we must keep the temperature constant so that it comes out luxurious.
- We place the sea bass on the potatoes, bathe it with a glass of white wine. We can put some PX, Port or similar, to give more flavor.
- Top with a little chopped fresh parsley, salt, black or white pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
- We put the source in the oven again for another 25 minutes, making sure that the sea bass is not overcooked.
- To serve, cut the sea bass with the help of a knife or spatula.
We put a bed of potatoes and onion and on top, the portion of fish.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the album of the baked sea bass recipe .
Tips for a Baked Stuffed Sea Bass
- We will accompany the baked sea bass with a good fresh white wine, the culinary show is guaranteed!
- A very simple recipe with which you will be like kings and queens facing the Christmas menus . The same processing can use with other fish meat firm such as the salmon oven , bream , the bream and similar species.
- You can accompany the baked sea bass with roasted vegetables or with a bed of potatoes and caramelized onion, simply delicious.