- 60 minutes
- For 2 persons
- € 5 / person
Next week I will present you a lot of recipes with the favorite fish at home and famous before Easter: cod. But before I present you a classic from my kitchen, baked sole . I prepare it as my mother does although with a delicious touch, with crust of breadcrumbs, garlic and parsley , controlling the times very well so that the fish does not stay dry and with those vegetables that complete the dish and make it even healthier if possible .
Baked vegetables are one of my weaknesses, I always try to make them come from my father’s garden but for lack of them, for this recipe I opted for those of my trusted fruit bowl. Tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, garlic, carrots and onions are the ingredients that must taste good for the recipe to be 10 points. Forget vegetables that are like wax, with a perfect presence, most likely they do not taste like anything.
The success of this recipe will be that the sole (Solea solea) is of quality. This is a flat fish called “right-handed”, since the part that appears to be the dorsal area is actually the right part of the animal. The back color is unmistakable dark brown, and the underside white. The price of a quality piece is usually around € 16 / kilo, although you can find similar species (not the same) as the acedía (Solea lascaris) with somewhat lower prices on the market. There are many other similar species of flat fish such as roosters (Arnoglossus sp.), “Lirpies” (Microchirus sp. And Buglossidium sp.), And others that we can find in the lower quality culinary import market. Whatever the species chosen for the recipe, the preparation is the same and of course you can try other types of fish to make it delicious.
Preparation of baked sole
Sole is one of the fish that they like the most at home, due to its softness, its flavor and its easy preparation. Today’s is super simple as long as you save yourself the matter of cleaning at home, choose the piece that you like the most in your trusted fishmonger and prepare it for you. In my case I did it and it’s a pain in the ass. Once everything is prepared, cut vegetables and the pieces of sole are ready, the one that will work is the oven and the result is great. Easy to make and ideal for a holiday.
- We wash all the vegetables that we are going to use, especially the tomatoes, the red pepper and the zucchini that we are not going to remove the skin from. Peel the onions and carrots, cut the first into julienne strips and the second into thin slices. We are going to cut the zucchini and tomatoes into quarters, in the case of the tomato you can remove the skin if you do not like how it looks after baking. We laminate the red pepper and add the garlic cloves whole, we will rescue them at the end of the baking to make the crust.
- We place everything in a tray or large refractory dish previously smeared with a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. We add a good jet of oil on the vegetables and with our hands we remove all the vegetables and vegetables until everything is well mixed. We will pour the white wine.
- Preheat in the oven at 200ºC for 10 minutes, and then introduce the source with the vegetables. Bake for 60 minutes at 170ºC, stirring every 20 minutes.
- We are going to prepare the future fish crust, we rescue the garlic cloves from the source, we remove the garlic paste and put it in a mortar. We add breadcrumbs, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, the previously chopped parsley (it must be fresh) and a pinch of salt, mash until we have a paste more or less like the photo below.
- If the fishmonger has prepared the sole for you, you only have to cut into fillets or the portions that you like the most. Salt to taste and place on the platter on top of the vegetables. We bake 2 or 3 more minutes (depending on the oven) at 180ºC with temperature above, below and air. The last step will be to gratinate another 2 minutes to the maximum after smearing the portions of sole with the garlic paste, parsley and breadcrumbs. It has to finish with a soft tan tone.
- We remove the source and immediately serve each dish with a vegetable base and two portions of sole. We can decorate with a little more finely chopped parsley and a drizzle of the broth that has been left over from the baked vegetables. Simple and delicious.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog, I assure you that you will find a lot of ideas to make yours much happier.