- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 265kcal per 100g.
How to make a monkfish stew with potatoes . Homemade stews are not always synonymous with long and complicated cooking. Today I bring you a recipe with fish that is proof of this, it is a stew of monkfish with potatoes . A dish with all the flavor of traditional cuisine, will make you enjoy it beautifully with little work.
It has happened to me on occasions that people that fish do not usually love, monkfish may be an exception. Being a fish with a firm and smooth texture, it is generally different from most fish. It allows us preparations in which its texture will remain more easily intact.
A perfect fish with which when cooking we will run less risk of spoiling the optimal point. In addition, its white meat, its low level of fat and its unmistakable flavor, make it easier for us to prepare stews to take off our hats.
It is true that it is not a fish that we can find very cheaply in the market, but when we want to treat ourselves and get it right, this monkfish with potatoes will increase the number of fish fans. Although it is not a fish to eat every day, due to its price, it is a great option for a special meal.
On the blog you can find it in a multitude of recipes, from another monkfish stew with almonds , in the form of a tartar , grilled with a sauce of nuts, grilled monkfish with thyme , accompanying a soup with seafood , as an important part of This creamy rice or in these chickpeas with mushrooms , you see that there are many ways to enjoy this fish.
This recipe is enriched with a mash of almonds and fried bread, which give the monkfish a dense and more forceful touch, creating a vice sauce that will accompany the potatoes and monkfish in a perfect way.
I only recommend that you do not forget to have on hand a good piece of bread, you know, the sauce will not be a drop.
Preparation of the monkfish and potato stew
- In a small frying pan, heat a splash of oil and toast the slice of bread. We brown it well for both sides and we reserve.
- If we have bought the already peeled and toasted almonds, we only have to reserve them for when we need them. If we have bought them peeled and raw, the first thing we must do is remove the skin. To do this, blanch them in boiling water for half a minute, drain them and easily remove the skin.
- In a clean frying pan, without oil, we toast the almonds, controlling the temperature to avoid burning. We reserve.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into thick slices of about 1.5 cm. In a frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil and brown the potatoes lightly for about 10 minutes. We reserve.
Cooking the vegetables for the base of the monkfish stew
- In a wide saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil. When it is hot, add the peeled and cut garlic cloves and the bay leaf.
- Add the chopped parsley and start to sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the julienned onion and sauté for about 10 minutes over medium heat. We must be careful that the vegetables are not burned or over-roasted.
- Add the peeled and grated tomato or cut into small cubes. We continue cooking for another 15 minutes, over medium low heat and stirring occasionally.
Preparation of the mash and final presentation of fish stew
- While the vegetable is cooking we are preparing the mashed. In the glass of the mixer or in a mortar if we want to do it by hand, add the toasted and chopped bread, the saffron threads, the almonds, parsley, a splash of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of water. We crush and reserve.
- We return to the vegetable stew and add the white wine. We let the alcohol evaporate for a few minutes and add the mashed.
- Stir well so that it integrates with the rest of the ingredients, salt and add the reserved potatoes.
- We add the fish stock and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Lightly flour the monkfish pieces and put them in a hot frying pan with a splash of olive oil.
- We seal them a little on all sides and add them to the casserole. We cook for about 10 minutes in fish in its sauce.
- We serve this great rapa stew with its potatoes very warm. I advise you to have on hand a piece of rich bread to dip in the sauce, it is yummy.
Be sure to enjoy all the stews, stews and yummy soups in our recipes for soups and stews.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album .