- 25 minutes
- For 2 persons
- 1.8 € / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make ranch eggs . Of the egg recipes that one can find in most bruchs around the world, this Mexican recipe for breakfast.
If you are lucky enough to visit Mexico you will find this traditional breakfast to eat at any time of the day in most restaurants and taquerias. A very complete dish based on corn tortillas, fried eggs, spicy tomato sauce, mashed beans with grated cheese and avocado.
The simplest traditional recipe for Huevos Rancheros consists of one or two fried eggs with spicy tomato sauce on an omelette that can be accompanied by corn, avocado or guacamole , serrano peppers, green sauce, a delicious pico de gallo or beans.
In each house you will see a version to suit each one. I have decided to prepare the classic base quite light so that later you accompany these rancheros eggs with your favorite touch, but always spicy as they do in Mexico. Perhaps it is one of those most versioned recipes on the planet, almost as much as pizza.
His comments that the eggs rancheros were the lunch of the Mexican day laborers who worked in the ranches, hence its name. We can find variations of this recipe such as Turkish menemen eggs or the famous Israeli Shakshuka .
If you are not a fan of spicy, do not worry, this recipe has the right touch and perfect for all tastes. And if you are passionate about spicy, you can always add chili sauce to your liking. I hope you like it and cheer up with it.
Preparation of tomato sauce from ranch eggs
- We wash the tomatoes well and peel. We can help ourselves with a potato peeler to make it easier and faster. Peel the garlic clove and boil in a saucepan for 10 minutes with the serrano peppers and the peeled tomatoes.
- We can do everything in the pan without boiling, but follow this advice. I assure you that the sauce will be finer and tastier.
- Remove from the casserole and chop everything into small pieces. We remove the seeds from the chilies, if you like spicy to die, you can always leave them. Although I consider that later they are annoying at mealtime. We reserve
- Peel the onion and cut the onion into small pieces. We do the same with the coriander and we reserve it for the end
- In a large saucepan or pan add the extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Chop the onion very finely and fry in the pan with a pinch of salt until it begins to change color. We put the rest of the ingredients in the pan and fry it slowly. In the middle of cooking add the teaspoon of chili sauce (optional) and another pinch of salt.
- We remove from time to time, when it is at the cooking point that we like the most, we remove it and reserve hot. Depending on how the tomatoes are, it may be necessary to add water to the cooking, but if they are ripe they will not be necessary, they will be perfect.
Preparation of ranch eggs and final presentation
- In another pan, put a few drops of extra virgin olive oil, heat it and brown the tortillas. One by one, on both sides. We remove them and reserve them hot. They can also be microwaved in a suitable container for 15 seconds at 600 W.
- We crack the eggs and fry in another pan with a little olive oil, not much, they should be left as eggs on the plate. But being careful not to disturb the yolk, we want it whole and little curdled.
- We salt the yolks with a pinch of salt, we can add garlic powder or salt to add more flavor. We already have all the ingredients ready to assemble our plate.
- It is very good if we add the fresh coriander on top, it also goes that it is not painted.
- We serve on top of the hot tortillas (wheat or corn, your favorite) that will serve as a dish and perfect to dip in the egg and push with the spicy tomato sauce that accompany the fried eggs.
- These eggs admit as many variations as families and cooks, they cook it, there are those who add fried beans, boiled white rice, ground meat, avocado, … Simply delicious.
If we do not have chili sauce we can substitute it with a jet of Tabasco or Valentina sauce. More or less quantity according to our spicy tastes.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes with eggs that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step of this recipe for ranch eggs in the next album.