- 12 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.25 € / person
- 124kcal per 100g.
How to make homemade pink sauce . If there is a classic sauce recipe that is part of the most traditional repertoire of our gastronomic culture, that may be the pink, pink sauce or cocktail sauce .
Beyond its inseparable presence in dishes perhaps somewhat in disuse, but not for that reason less tasty, such as the prawn cocktail or the smoked salmon cake . It is a sauce that can be transformed into something delicious if we try to prepare it at home.
Although surely we all know what pink sauce is, what we are no longer sure about is who was responsible for its invention. The when and where. It is said that Dr. Luís F. Leloir was responsible for the fact that today in almost half the world, pink sauce is used as a dressing.
In Argentina, around 1920, Dr. Luís F. Leloir, as a simple way to get out of the culinary monotony, devised this sauce, now widespread throughout the world. The curious thing is that, years later, this man would receive the Nobel Prize in chemistry. So we have a famous sauce for various reasons.
Among its ingredients, beyond mayonnaise and ketchup, are orange juice, worcestershiere sauce, tabasco and brandy. All of them transform this sauce into a wonder as long as it is prepared with care, outside of the industrial sauces that we can find.
Preparation of the mayonnaise base
- We start by preparing a homemade mayonnaise . In the glass of the mixer we put the whole egg. Add the oil, pinch of salt and vinegar or lemon juice.
- We introduce the mixer arm resting it on the bottom of the glass and, with the arm totally immobile, we put the mixer to work.
- Keeping the arm still at all times, we beat the mixture for a few seconds, until we see that the mixture begins to set and appears at the bottom of the glass.
- At this point we can move the mixer arm without problem and finish assembling the mixture.
Preparation of the pink sauce
- Add the rest of the ingredients, the ketchup, the brandy, the tabasco, the worcestershire sauce and the orange juice.
- We reintroduce the mixer and beat until all the ingredients are well integrated into a smooth and uniform cream.
- We will keep the pink or cocktail sauce in the fridge until the moment of consumption.
A perfect sauce recipe to accompany a lot of recipes, from a salad, an appetizer, a meat or fish. Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for pink sauce . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.