- 80 minutes
- For 6 people
- 1.8 € / person
- 267kcal per 100g.
How to prepare potatoes with meat. It is always a good idea to use the traditional recipe book, and look for those recipes that you like so much at home.
This meat recipe that you are going to read, with more or less variations, in almost all households, prepares a good meat stew with potatoes .
Whether it is a stew with beef, with pork or with other meats such as chicken or lamb, a stew cooked over a slow heat, without haste, and with a good dose of “affection”, becomes a dish that is guaranteed to be successful on our table.
If you also want to embroider the recipe, do not forget to read all the tips and recommendations to cook like a teacher. This dish is similar to any traditional meat stew with potatoes, but due to the denomination, its origin can be found in southern Spain, the Canary Islands and much of Latin America, where potatoes are called “potatoes” .
On the blog you can find a good number of stews and stews with meat . As in this case, using pork, we find the traditional pork stew, a pork rib stew with potatoes , or recipes from my land such as the Galician pot or Galician tripe .
Like any stew, we will also need a good artisan bread to accompany and sauté in the sauce. At home we are very horny and good bread is almost essential. Especially with this type of recipes.
Preparation of potatoes with meat
- We start by preparing the vegetables. Chop the onion into small cubes (brunoise), the sliced garlic and the sliced carrot.
- In a saucepan, pour a sheet of extra virgin olive oil and heat. Add the vegetables, lightly salt and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Being vigilant so that they do not pass us by point or burn.
- Season the meat to taste and add it to the casserole. We brown it over high heat.
- We pour the wine and continue cooking for a couple of minutes, so that the alcohol evaporates. Then we add the water. We mix everything, cover and let cook 45 minutes, over low heat.
- A little before this time is up, peel the potatoes and dice them. A good trick is to escape them with the help of the knife, in this way they will later release more starch during cooking.
- We add them to the casserole, mix and cook another 15 minutes with the pot covered. Each potato has a different hardness, so we will cook until the potatoes are done. We take the opportunity to taste the broth and rectify salt if necessary.
- If we want to thicken the sauce, we can take out a couple of the cooked potatoes, mash them with the fork and return them to the stew. In this way we will ensure that the broth is thicker and more bound.
- We turn off the heat, let it rest for a couple of minutes and serve hot on the table.
As I have already mentioned, do not forget a delicious bun bread to dip in the sauce.
If you do not want to miss a detail on how to prepare this recipe for potatoes with meat , click on the photos in the step by step.
Tips for a potato stew with yummy meat
- In these potatoes with meat, pork is used, which is lighter and cheaper than veal. So it is a perfect dish for daily menus, especially on those days when it is beginning to cool down and we need a comforting dish, to warm ourselves inside and out.
- And what part of the pig to use? Well, I usually ask the butcher for a quality cut that is tender and juicy. For example the sirloin or the loin.
- It is important to buy quality meat so that our stew is the best possible. The same with the vegetables and the potatoes, which are good, are in their right place and better if we take them in the local greengrocer.