For 4 € 1.3 /pers. 55 kcal/100g
- 1 l water or dashi broth
- 15 g dehydrated wakame seaweed
- 3 tablespoons miso
- 200g tofu
- 50 g leek
- 50 g chives
- Soba noodles (optional)
How to make miso soup or miso soup.
There are few things in life like a good soup . You look out the window, it’s a rainy day, it’s cold and the only thing you want at that moment is a good, warm soup to feel great.
The good thing about soups is that you can make them from almost anything. From the simple vegetable soup , the comforting chicken soup , the classic minced soup or the squid soup are some of the examples that are successful on the blog.
Today we bring you something a little different, because life with monotony is boring. The miso soup recipe is a traditional Japanese recipe that has become fashionable in our country and is a true delight. This is a simple, easy and quick recipe that will give you spectacular results.
This miso soup or miso soup can be prepared with a dashi broth and miso paste , which gives it its name. And it is a very flexible soup like ramen soup , starting from the base that I recommend, you can Vary to your liking and make it a little softer if we want. Remember that in Japan this soup varies depending on the area and season of the year.
Today’s is just a good idea if you like this type of soup. Have you already tried this miso soup in a restaurant? Are you planning to prepare it at home? It will surely surprise you.
Miso soup preparation
- We put the water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Once it starts to boil, pour a little water into a glass to dissolve the miso later.
- We put the wakame seaweed in the pot and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then we add the tofu cut into small cubes of approximately 1 cm and the vegetables into small pieces. Cook the soup for another 5 minutes.
- We dissolve the miso in water and, when the soup is ready, we remove it from the heat and add the water with dissolved miso. Ready to serve.
- If you like it with soba noodles and optionally, just follow the manufacturer’s instructions to cook them. Once you have them, you put a small amount in each bowl, pouring the miso soup on top, similar to when we make ramen soup at home .
Tips for a delicious miso soup
- It is necessary to make it with dashi broth. If you can, better, but if you don’t have time to do it, you can do it as we recommend, you just have to dissolve the miso in the water or add powdered dashi broth that is usually sold in specialized Japanese cuisine stores.
- The wakame seaweed needs to be cooked until it is completely hydrated. You will know this because they turn green and greatly increase in size.
- You can add the vegetables with the tofu if you want them very well done, at the last moment so that they are slightly soft or even raw when you serve the soup. At your choice.
- It is an ideal dish for light dinners , although if you want more consistency you can add sautéed mushrooms , shrimp or clams.