For 2 € 2.9 /pers. 260 kcal/100g
- 400g. oyster mushrooms
- 400g. oyster mushrooms
- 125g. ham in cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli (optional)
- 30 ml. of white wine
- 5g. fresh parsley
- 70 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- 5g. of fine salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Mushrooms are an ingredient that can be found in the kitchen in multiple ways, forming part of traditional recipes such as beef fricandó , as mushrooms in tempura , accompanying rice in a delicious mushroom risotto and endless other possibilities.
As if that were not enough, depending on the variety we choose, both the flavor and the texture vary completely, which offers us a huge range of possibilities. Just change that ingredient to give new life to the same dishes. The only precaution we must take is to only bring to the table mushrooms that have been purchased in stores or supermarkets or collected by experts. Every year there are poisonings from consuming varieties not suitable for gastronomic use.
There are dishes, like this recipe for garlic mushrooms with ham , that are prepared in no time, they are economical and allow you to fully enjoy the flavor of good mushrooms. Choose a meaty variety like oyster mushrooms, set aside less than half an hour in the kitchen, and get to work!
Preparation of garlic mushrooms with ham
- We start by washing the mushrooms under the tap. We dry them with a clean cloth or kitchen paper, cut them into two or four portions each depending on the size and set aside.
- We peel the garlic and slice it very finely.
- Heat a splash of extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and brown the mushrooms. We will look for them to be tender and at the same time slightly toasted on the outside. We remove them to a plate with absorbent paper with the help of a slotted spoon.
- We lower the heat to a medium intensity and add the sliced garlic and the chilli (we can cut it into small pieces or add it whole). We stir everything well for a couple of minutes with a spatula without letting the garlic burn.
- With the golden garlic we add the cubed ham, stir well and sauté for a couple of minutes. Then we add the mushrooms, raise the heat slightly, add a splash of wine and let everything cook together for two minutes.
You can see all the photos of this recipe step by step in this album. Don’t miss a single detail and you will get some delicious garlic mushrooms.
Tips for some garlic mushrooms with yummy ham
- It is important that the mushrooms do not arrive at the table soaked in oil, golden yet tender. To achieve this we play with the intensity of the heat and remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and be very careful not to break them.
- Before serving, sprinkle with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.