For 2 € 3.2 /pers. 324 kcal/100g
- 200g. green beans
- 4 medium potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 50 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- 3g. of fine salt (or to the taste of each house)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 2 M eggs (one per person)
Also known as bollit , Valencian boiled is one of the quickest and easiest dishes to prepare . It is a traditional recipe typical of the gastronomy of Valencia and today we will show you how to make it.
The ingredients that are generally used in boiling are green beans , carrots , onions or potatoes . As it is a traditional recipe, in each home it is made as it has been passed down from generation to generation, which is why there are numerous variants.
For this reason cauliflower , artichokes , or even turnips can be included in the recipe . Although it will depend on the time of year we are in. An important point to detail is that the olive oil used will greatly determine the flavor and the salt should be added at the end depending on each person’s preferences.
It is a perfect dish for winter even though we can consume it all year round. Next, we teach you step by step how to make the Valencian boiled.
Preparation of Valencian boiled
- The first step to prepare the Valencian boiled is to remove the tips of the green beans along with the lateral threads. Then we will chop them and peel the carrots, onion and potatoes. Now we will put the ingredients in a bowl full of water. Next, we will remove the water and drain all the vegetables well.
- The next step will be to fill a saucepan with water and put it on the heat. Once it has started to boil, we will add the carrots and beans.
- When 5 minutes have passed, we will add the onion, potatoes and a bay leaf (optional, I leave it to your choice).
- We will let everything cook for about 30 minutes. Before time runs out, we can check whether the potato is cooked or not. When everything has been cooked correctly, we will remove the water and save the broth to make a puree or cream for example instead of making it with water.
- The broths from different cooking with vegetables or other ingredients are perfect for making broths, creams, soups, purees, stews and rice. They can be kept in the refrigerator for a day or two or frozen, nothing is thrown away here.
- To continue, we will only have to serve the bollit on a platter or plate with the carrot and potato, both chopped.
Cooking the eggs and final presentation
- Cook the two eggs in a saucepan with plenty of salted water for 12 minutes. After this time we cool it in cold water to stop the cooking and peel it, cut it into quarters.
- Now all that’s left is to add salt and extra virgin olive oil to taste and decorate with the quarter-cooked egg, one per plate and person. I hope you liked it. Ready to enjoy.