- 35 minutes
- For 2 persons
- € 9.8 / person
- 325kcal per 100g.
How to make sirloins in Arzúa cheese sauce . Beef tenderloins in medallions are pieces of about 200 grams approximately that have a very intense flavor and great tenderness due to the selection of the piece.
It is ideal for simply grilling as in this case, although accompanied by a cheese , yogurt and mustard sauce, or also with the classic Port wine or Pedro Ximénez, honey or with tomato and candied pepper.
If you like this type of meat cut, you can find a lot of sirloin recipes that are sure to succeed at home. You can even tune this recipe with pork tenderloin in sauce , as I recently posted on the blog.
To make the sirloins with Arzúa cheese sauce we have chosen the thickest part, for me the best, but you can change it for the meat that you like, the process is similar and if there is no money to make it with ox you can choose to pieces of beef or pork.
I hope you like it and enjoy it for an occasion with friends, remember to open a good bottle of wine to accompany this great recipe, it is worth it.
- The recipe is super simple, from the sealing of the meat to the preparation of the sauce. In this case I opted for a touch of my land, Galicia.
- I used a fatty and soft cheese at the same time, Arzúa-Ulloa cheese, to give it a little more flavor I added grained Dijon mustard and to thicken I used creamy yogurt, if you want a little more liquid you can substitute it for liquid cream.
- To make this sauce you only need a frying pan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, when it is hot, add the diced Arzúa-Ullua cheese so that it melts before and when it begins to melt, add the yogurt and a generous tablespoon Dijon mustard.
- In less than two minutes we will have our sauce ready for the meat. We reserve in one of the fires to the minimum to keep it warm while we prepare the meat.
Preparation of the garnish
- Wash the eggplant well and dry with absorbent paper. We cut into a 1 cm thick sheet so that they can be done quickly on the grill or frying pan.
- We heat the pan or grill and spread with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- As soon as it is very hot, we pass the eggplant on one side, marking it on the grill, round and round. We remove to a plate and season to taste.
- For the glazed French onions, I told you how to prepare them in the previous recipe .
Preparation of the sirloins and final presentation
- To make the sirloins, it is very important that the meat is out of the refrigerator for at least an hour before putting it on the fire to avoid cooking and thus maintain all the flavor.
- You can see the difference of the meat just taken out of the fridge and after half an hour of rest , the pink of the meat tells us everything.
- If the meat is frozen, it must be consumed in less than two months. Thawing must be done carefully, keeping the piece in the refrigerator or fridge for about 24 hours. Always leaving the meat to warm for at least an hour at room temperature for proper roasting.
- It is not convenient to exceed the sirloin cooking, because then it is not so juicy. With the browning and initial sealing and the brief cooking, it will be sufficiently cooked and very juicy.
- On the same plate where we have prepared the eggplant. We mark the ox sirloin medallions to taste, I like it with an almost raw point. The most normal preparation is to the point. It is achieved for two minutes for each face so that they are well gilded on the outside but without drying out the inside.
- Serve the sirloins open in half with a little of the mustard sauce and Arzúa cheese on top of the meat and the rest in a sauceboat.
- Accompany with the grilled aubergine and some glazed French chives.
- We finish the plate with a little Maldon salt on top and we will have our fillet sirloin.
A perfect meat recipe to succeed at home in any celebration. Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for sirloins in cheese sauce . Do not miss any detail so that they come out perfect.
Curiosities about beef
- The ox , a noble animal that throughout history has been considered a cult animal and loaded with great symbolism. The ox is the name given to the castrated male bovine (bull) that is about three or four years old. Or in the case of being a female when she has not been fertilized, specifically dedicated to fattening and sacrifice.
- Beef has a stronger flavor than other meats and is quite characteristic. It is a meat of an intense and compact red color, very rich in proteins, mineral salts such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and vitamin B12 .
- The piece that we have selected for this recipe is one of the most tender parts. It comes from the lumbar part, lodged between the lower ribs and the spinal column. Just above the kidneys and below the low back, hence the name so-lomillo .
- The sirloin consists of several parts: the head, the rosary, the center and the tip . It has a conical shape, so that the head corresponds to the thick part and ends in a point.