- 50 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.6 € / person
- 236kcal per 100g.
How to make lemon chicken . There are many ways to prepare lemon chicken, but my favorite is that of oriental restaurants.
I love that finely cut chicken, crispy outside and dipped in sweet lemon sauce. Whenever I go to eat at a Chinese restaurant, he took the opportunity to order it and I never get tired of it, although the truth is that this may be because I don’t go very often.
It is a very easy recipe with chicken , so I encourage you to try it at home. You can use filleted chicken breast and coat and fry the whole piece and then cut it into strips. Or you can do as I have done, buy boneless chicken thigh that is a juicier piece and cut it into strips before coating and frying to get more crunchy in each piece that you put in your mouth.
Although it can be accompanied by different garnishes, white rice or noodles are the most common, especially if what we are looking for is to have the most Asian and oriental experience possible.
It is a good way to get away from traditional Spanish cuisine and to vary our menus with simple ingredients, easy to find and cheap. They say that variety is in taste, right? Well, that’s what we are doing today in these places and, incidentally, enjoying a delicious recipe for chicken with delicious lemon .
Preparation of lemon chicken
- We begin by preparing a mixture in which to put the chicken to marinate so that it takes flavor and is juicy. To do this we peel the garlic clove and finely chop it.
- We do the same with ginger. Mix both with the soy sauce and the egg and stir
until obtaining a homogeneous mixture.
- We cut the chicken into strips of similar size and introduce it into the marinade. We cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and put it in the fridge, where we let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile we prepare the lemon sauce. Pour the water into a bowl and add the sugar, salt, honey, grated whole lemon zest and the medium juice and cornstarch. We mix well.
- We pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat it over low heat, stirring according to temperature. If we want to give it a little color, we can add a little soy sauce.
- Strain the sauce to make it finer and pour it back into the saucepan where we reserve hot with the fire to a minimum while preparing the chicken that will already be marinated.
- We take the chicken out of the fridge and drain it well. We coat it in cornstarch, piece by piece, and fry it in abundant sunflower oil over medium heat.
- We turn so that it is golden on all sides before removing from the pan and drain on absorbent paper. We serve accompanied by the sauce and garnish that we like the most.
I encourage you to try doing it at home. You can see all the photos of the lemon chicken step by step in this album.
Curiosities, tips and recommendations for a chubby lemon chicken
- To prepare the lemon chicken we can use chicken breast or thigh. We like the thigh better because it is juicier, but you can use what you like best.
- Although we tend to associate lemon chicken with Chinese cuisine, this is a popular dish throughout the Asian continent although with variations specific to each country.
- If we cut the chicken into strips and marinate it, coat it and fry it individually, we will get a much crisper lemon chicken.
- It will take a little longer to prepare it than we do use the full filleted breast, but it is worth it.
- Encourage you with more homemade Chinese recipes that we have on the blog. The famous tres delicacies rice , the spring roll or the chicken with almonds or the traditional chop suey .