- 25 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 316kcal per 100g.
How to make KFC-style fried chicken . This fried chicken recipe with a special batter that includes 11 spices, which is then pressure fried.
The result is an extra crispy chicken with a special and characteristic flavor. Although the recipe has varied slightly today, this KFC-style fried chicken remains the brand’s emblem.
His famous KFC formula was no longer a secret in 1983, when writer Willian Poundstone revealed the original preparation method in his book Big Secrets. From the patent document of the recipe it can be prepared at home almost as it is in its restaurants.
Although we cannot make exactly the same chicken at home that we can eat in the premises of this chain. I think that for now pressure frying is not within my possibilities. But we can prepare a recipe that is very similar to it and that is also to lick your fingers. I recommend that you try the recipe at home, it is incredible. At home we prepare it almost as much as the garlic chicken or the chicken in pepitoria .
We have to take several things into account. On the one hand it is advisable to use natural herbs and spices, if they are dry the flavor will be quite reduced. At the time of the batter, it must be rough and irregular, without draining the dressing chicken excessively. I leave you the recipe for this great fried chicken with its own flavor.
Before we start with the fried chicken. Macerated
- We ask our butcher to chop a chicken or we buy it already chopped. At home we remove the skins and reserve the casing and neck for other elaborations.
- In a large bowl we incorporate 300 gr. flour and mix with the following herbs and spices. 2 tablespoons sweet paprika, ½ tablespoon cayenne or hot paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon curry, 1 teaspoon tarragon, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon dill, 1 teaspoon salt and ground black pepper.
- With a fork we mix the spices well with the flour. We add water mixing to integrate. We have to get a thick creamy consistency. It would be like the pasta we use to make pancakes , a thick cream.
- We introduce the chicken pieces in the cream and cover it with transparent paper.
- We let the chicken marinate in the sauce overnight stored in the fridge.
Battering and preparing fried chicken
- The moment we start to prepare the fried chicken we start doing the batter. For this, in a bowl we mix the rest of the spices, with 200 gr. Of flour.
- Before proceeding to coat the chicken, we put a deep saucepan on the fire with plenty of soft oil to fry. When the oil is very hot we begin to coat the meat.
- With a fork we take one of the pieces of chicken, without draining, this is important, we pass it directly to the bowl of the batter of flour and spices.
- We cover the chicken with the batter and directly, we introduce it in the very hot oil. It is important that we do not drain the chicken from the maceration sauce. Since it will be the mixture of the liquid of the sauce with the flour of the batter that will make that layer thick and super crispy at the time of frying.
- Cook the chicken until it is well browned. Always regulating the temperature of the fire to get it to cook inside.
- If necessary, at the end of the process we can put the chicken through the oven at 200º C for 10 minutes to make sure that it is well cooked inside.
We serve the freshly made fried chicken to keep its crispy touch, accompanied by the sauce that we like, curry or barbecue are perfect options. It is a perfect dish for dinner with friends, those of peli and beer, that you enjoy.
Curiosities about this fried chicken
- The year 1939 was the origin of one of the largest fast food chains in the United States. Today, what started with a restaurant in Salt Lake City (Utah), has become a giant with more than 18,000 restaurants in 120 countries.
- On its menu you will find a few chicken recipes for which it is famous worldwide. I’m talking about the Kentucky Fried Chicken ® fast food restaurant , KFC , whose founder, Colonel Harland D. Sanders, created a fried chicken recipe that led to his success, KFC-style fried chicken.
- You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.