- 15 minutes
- For 4 people
- 0.6 € / person
- 345kcal per 100g.
How to make blue cheese sauce . Whether to enhance the taste of the most tasteless dish, or to complement a delicious one, sauces are an asset to consider when thinking about a recipe.
If there is a tasty sauce recipe that goes with meat and fish, that is one of the most classic, the blue cheese sauce . There are multiple preparations of this type of cheese sauces. On the blog I have prepared some very tasty sirloins in cheese sauce , including a veal in Arzúa cheese sauce that always triumph.
Cheese sauces can have more or less cream, replace the cream with another type of milder milk, use one or the other cheese, make it cold or hot. The options are many, but in my opinion, the recipe that I bring you today is one of the tastiest.
It is also a very simple recipe, in a few minutes we can have a perfect sauce ready to accompany a meat, pasta or fish dish, even as a dressing or part of a salad.
In any case it is about making a sauce to the taste of the consumer, so you know, by testing we will get a delicious sauce for many of our recipes.
Preparation of blue cheese sauce
- In a saucepan add the butter and blue cheese. Over medium heat and without stopping stirring, heat until the butter and cheese melt.
- Add the splash of brandy and the cream to the casserole. We continue stirring and heating over medium heat while cooking mixture.
- We cook the sauce for 5 or 6 minutes. At this time the ingredients will be fully integrated and the sauce will have thickened a bit.
- As the sauce hardens it will thicken even more, so there is no need to cook it much longer.
A perfect sauce recipe to accompany a lot of recipes, from a salad, an appetizer, a meat or fish.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for blue cheese sauce . Do not miss any detail so that it comes out perfect.
Tips for a yummy cheese sauce
- The point that we must keep in mind is the intensity of cheese that we want in the sauce. Blue cheese is itself a cheese with a lot of flavor, no matter how little we add to the sauce. His presence will be clear.
- The best way to achieve the ideal point for each is to start in a contained way. We start by adding a small amount, taste the sauce and add more if necessary.
- In the recipe that we have prepared we consider that 50 g. cheese for 200 ml. cream is enough, it provides a light cheese flavor without it being invasive. We want to enjoy the sauce as an accompaniment to other products and flavors, so we prefer that its presence is not the priority on the plate.