- 30 minutes
- For 6 people
- 3.5 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make a mini hamburger with foie . It is common to find this type of meat recipes on the menu in many restaurants as a gourmet option.
We find small bites of meat that in this case we can say are of quality, since the ingredients that we are going to use are unique, both foie and meat. So don’t be fooled the end result depends on the quality of the ingredients used.
For these mini burgers we have used pork and veal in equal parts so that they are juicy, providing a fatty touch and a lot of flavor with a Labeyrie foie gras . The flavor of its foie gras is undoubtedly the protagonist, the star ingredient and that will make the difference in these burgers.
It really is a very attractive, even fun snack idea. It can be prepared in many ways, but honestly, this mix is great. They are mini hamburgers with meat mixed with foie gras that give it a touch of excellent fat, as well as an ideal flavor to enjoy an authentic gourmet mini hamburger. Do you fancy? Well, for them, a luxury for your guests (and for you).
Before starting with the hamburger. The meat
- We ask our butcher to mince the meat we have chosen to prepare the burgers. It is important not only to choose the meat but that the butcher shreds it at the moment. When you cut a meat, what you are doing is breaking the tissues and causing it to oxidize.
- The best thing is that you ask for advice when choosing the type of meat, the more tender the better. Buy just the right amount for the burgers you are going to cook. Otherwise you will be forced to freeze what is left and it will lose quality.
- Before starting to cook, let’s not forget to take the meat out of the fridge. At least half an hour before and place it in a warm place to warm.
- We divide the block of foie gras into 2 blocks, one of 60 grams and another of 20, the 60 for meat and the 20 to laminate and place on top of the hamburger.
- In a bowl we mix all the ingredients of the hamburger in a bowl with some pepper and salt. Chop the foie reserved for the meat into small pieces that are visible (not very small) and mix with the meat. We knead and make balls of about 40 grams each. As if they were meatballs.
- Then we crush them to give them the classic hamburger shape. We reserve in the fridge.
Preparation of the caramelized onion. Final presentation mini hamburgers with foie
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- We can even brush the meat with a little oil and not add oil to the pan, it is your choice and incorporate the mini burgers.
- The pan must be hot but without going over the top, we do not want the mini burgers to burn as we put them on the fire.
- The part that takes the longest is the caramelized onion. Here you have all the steps to make caramelized onion . Although in this case to make it quick I have added 2 teaspoons of sugar. Although in the classical way it is not necessary.
- Once done, you can keep it for a while in the fridge and use it for more recipes.
- We put the mini hamburgers on a mini hamburger bun previously toasted.
- Spread the base with a little caramelized onion, then a tomato slice and a little cheese. On top of the meat and a thin sheet of foie gras. A few mini burgers well done on the outside and slightly raw in the center.
It is a gourmet appetizer, fun and different, perfect for all kinds of tables, be it party or informal with friends. I hope you like it and cheer up with them.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in this recipe album of the mini hamburgers with foie .