- 45 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 5 / person
- 327kcal per 100g.
How to make a Christmas stuffed turkey . New Christmas meat recipe , one of those easy that you look like a king or queen. Of those dishes that you leave everyone with a smile from ear to ear when you see the dish.
A recipe that you can prepare in less than an hour and with which you can enjoy the company of family and friends. Turkey stuffed with Christmas nuts, plums and roasted Serrano ham , which we will accompany with a sauce prepared with cava, spices and citrus.
Another very rich recipe for Christmas, a dish designed for those who do not have much time in the kitchen on these dates. You will pass as a first-class chef, in the style of friend Falsarius chef, with a first-class product and tuned with an equally simple sauce.
They are specialists in roasted fillings, authentic “baked ideas” cooked over low heat and ready to eat. In this case we propose an accompaniment based on a sauce with cava and citrus. A touch that goes very well for this turkey, perfect for these dates. Although on the same basis you can adapt it to your tastes. I hope you like it.
Preparation of Christmas stuffed turkey
- We preheat the oven to 190º C heat up and down. While the oven is heating, we make the sauce.
- We choose the best grapes in the bunch and wash them well. We reserve.
- Chop the onion into very small cubes. Fry in a pan with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil for 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- As soon as it begins to blanch, pour the cava and let it reduce. In this way we managed to reduce the alcohol, the liquid but the flavor remains. It should be ready in about 5 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce. Grate the ginger, nutmeg and citrus fruits (orange and lemon), stir so that all the flavors come together.
- We beat the sauce with a hand mixer, if you do not have it, you will also have a pastry or Chinese. This sauce on its own and whipped should already have a slightly thick consistency.
- We put the sauce in the pan and heat it up. Add the grapes and cook over low heat until it reduces a little. We reserve half for the final part of the dish and the rest to accompany the stuffed turkey in the oven.
Preparation of the potatoes and final presentation of the Christmas stuffed turkey
- We place the turkey on a tray and put it in the oven at a medium temperature of around 160º C, for 20 minutes. In the same tray we put the grapes and the sauce. We roast the sauce every 5 minutes.
- While the turkey is in the oven, we prepare the potatoes.
- We need 2 garnish potatoes (tiny) per diner. In a saucepan with plenty of water and 2 teaspoon of salt, cook the potatoes with the skin for 16 minutes or until we prick with a knife and give way. We should not overdo the cooking, they will just be done in the pan.
- We put a pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and sauté the potatoes cut in half. Add the spices, oregano, freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, a little ginger and a dash of honey.
- Sauté at full temperature for 3-4 minutes until golden. We reserve for the assembly of the Christmas dish.
- Once baked, we remove the juice that the turkey has released and the sauce with the grapes. We place in a sauce boat and test the point of salt, if necessary we rectify.
- Finally, we cut the roasted stuffed turkey into centimeter slices,
- We serve the Christmas stuffed Turkey, we sauce it and accompany it with the grapes. Do not forget a good bread to dip in this sauce, it will be glorious.
Tips and advice for a turkey stuffed Christmas turkey
- If necessary, we will add half a teaspoon of cornstarch to the sauce and heat it for a few minutes, stirring until it reaches the desired consistency.
- That the roast is already prepared is an advantage not only to save time. When you prepare a roasted turkey it is usually better when it has been in the fridge for one day, cut it and serve it the next day.
- After passing through the refrigerator, the meat is firmer and we can obtain a much more perfect cut than just made.
- This is what happens with this turkey, which is almost ready, just by heating we can get similar size and thin slices. This firmness disappears completely when heated with the sauce, leaving a totally tender meat.
- And if you are not many at Christmas, do not worry. It can be consumed as a cold cut, in a sandwich and alone. Sandwich is how I like it best.
- Be sure to enjoy all the ideas that we offer you in the special Christmas recipes . You can see all the photos of the step by step in this Christmas stuffed turkey recipe album .