- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 265kcal per 100g.
Making an oven hake . It is true, many times, as much as we like cooking, the desire to get down to it and dedicate a good time to work, does not always exist.
Nor is it that we suddenly have to eat a piece of bread with cheese and that’s it, which I love by the way, the best thing is to opt for simple dishes that do not complicate us too much.
Today’s recipe is a great option for those days when I feel lazy, the work is almost nil and the result is a healthy, light and low-fat dish. It is about preparing a dish of hake baked with tomato sauce , very simple and that we can have ready in a jiffy without effort.
The secret to success is having a rich homemade tomato sauce . I always have a pot in the pantry that I prepare when the tomato is ready with the intention of making it last for the whole year, something that never happens to me since in a few months it flies and the pots disappear. In this case, luckily, there was sauce, so preparing this dish was sewing and singing.
It is a recipe with very little fat and very appropriate for low-calorie diets, in any case we can improve it by incorporating a rehash of onion or garlic into the ingredients, with which we will obtain a more forceful but equally delicious dish.
Preparation of hake with tomato
- If we buy the whole hake we will have to clean it and prepare the fillets. If it is not a task that we feel like or we are good at, the best option would be for us to ask our fishmonger to prepare it for us on our backs, or even buy them already prepared.
- In a dish suitable for the oven we make a bed for the fish with part of the tomato sauce .
- We place the hake loins on top of the tomato base and lightly salt them.
- For this recipe you can choose prawns or prawns. The preparation is valid for both types of seafood, choose depending on the recipe.
- I like prawns more and I recommend that they be fresh. If you opt for frozen ones, let them thaw well the day before in the fridge so that they can be handled the next day.
- We peel them, remove the head and the shell that protects them.
- We start with the head that is the most flavorful, making a simple rotation we easily detach it, we reserve it to fry or cook and thus get a good fumet or seafood broth .
- Then, from the bottom of the belly, where the legs are, we remove with our hands the different rings or shell that cover the body along with the legs.
Final preparation and presentation of baked hake
- Once the prawns are peeled we must remove the intestine. It is a black thread that they have inside that we must remove helping us with a toothpick or with the tip of a knife.
- With the toothpick we prick the end of the intestine that is visible and pull it. It should come out whole, like a thread, without opening the shrimp. It is so that you do not lose juice and flavors during the preparation.
- It is thrown because it tastes bitter and can bring sand or the last thing the prawn ate. We dry and place them on the loins of the hake. We can sprinkle chopped parsley as a decoration.
- We spread the peas on the tray over the fish and the prawns. We cover everything with the rest of the tomato sauce.
- With the oven previously heated to 180º C and introduce the source. We cook for 25 minutes.
This baked hake in tomato sauce must be taken freshly made to be perfect. To finish, the detail that I would also like to highlight is the accompaniment.
Adding some boiled potatoes, roasted potatoes or even Hasselback potatoes is a choice.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes for fish and seafood that we have on the blog. You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.