- 60 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 4 / person
- 260kcal per 100g.
How to make orange gold.
I found in my archive a recipe that a good friend gave me and that I already wanted to prepare, golden brown with orange and fennel.
A spectacular mix of flavors and smells, make this dish a delight for the palates.
The fennel bulb, which will provide an aniseed flavor, the sweetness of the orange and the fried leek and garlic sauce, make a winning combination.
Today we can consume sea bream throughout the year thanks to aquaculture. In this way, we can find this type of fish at a good price and throughout the year.
At home it is one of the fish that we consume the most, either sea bream in salt or simply with a bed of onion and potatoes , Mediterranean style, with olives , Menorcan or Marseillaise , it is always a very handy, fast food and super tasty.
You will not find fennel in any greengrocer. It is possible that you have to go a greengrocer that has a great variety of products. In almost all specialized greengrocers or large stores you can get, I have bought it in my greengrocer of all life, the one next to home.
I leave you with this simple recipe that we liked a lot at home and we will surely repeat.
Preparation of sea bream with orange
- We clean and julienne the leek and cut the garlic into slices.
- In a frying pan add a little virgin olive oil and cook the leek and garlic.
- We squeeze an orange and reserve the juice. When the leek and garlic are poaching, add half a glass of white wine and let it reduce.
- Once the wine has been reduced, we pour the contents of the pan into the container where we had the juice and pass it all through the mixer. We add a little of salt.
- We wash and cut the fennel bulb into strips. In the same frying pan where we have prepared the leek, add a little more oil and fry the fennel for a minute or two, but do not let it become soft.
- We preheat the oven to 200 ° C with heat up and down. We salted the golden ones.
- In a baking dish pour a stream of virgin olive oil and move them so that it spreads all over the base.
- We place the gilthead over the oil and coat it so that it is impregnated.
- We wash and cut the orange into slices (unpeeled) and place it at the base of the fountain.
- We will also put some under the gilthead and on it. We add the child that we will spread over the orange and gold.
Baking and final presentation of the sea bream
- Finally we sprinkle with the sauce that we had prepared and put it in the oven with heat up and down, at 250 ° C.
- We will leave it for about 20 minutes or until the sea bream meat is at its point (it detaches well from the bone).
- We serve fresh from the oven. We can prepare the gilthead in individual dishes, removing the skin and accompanying it with a bit of vegetables and a slice of orange.
- Sprinkle with a few flakes of salt.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
Tips for a perfect baked orange bream
This baked sea bream is a traditional recipe with a fun point of orange and fennel. It can be made with other white fish such as hake, cod, sea bass, turbot … they are phenomenal.
To accompany the fish you can have a salad, a little white rice, some baked potatoes or baked potatoes.
To drink, of course, a fresh white wine. Take advantage! I hope you like it, just yummy.