- 45 minutes
- For 4 people
- € 3 / person
- 280kcal per 100g.
How to make stewed hake. Today we are going to prepare a recipe with fish to put a floor on it, a hake stew accompanied by peas, potatoes and eggs with a sauce to lick your fingers.
Of course, we have to make sure to buy a good piece so that the dish is up to the task. We can ask our trusted fishmonger or fishmonger to cut it in slices, a couple per person will be enough … If we get the hake on the market, better than better.
I advise you to buy a quality hake, since it is the protagonist of the recipe, a Burela skewer hake I assure you that it will not fail. If possible, with these things now I do not get wet, you freeze it for a week to avoid the famous anisakis . It is a tip, at home we usually do it like this.
When we see an offer with skewer hake, we do not hesitate, we buy the whole piece and then freeze in zip bags, taking out the one we need for the day.
Despite its great nutritional value, hake is not always given the gastronomic importance it deserves. And that admits many different types of preparations from the most elaborate to the simplest. It is important not to overcook the fish as it will remain dry and lose much of its flavor and texture. A few minutes are enough for a category fish, such as hake, to be luxurious.
On the blog you can find from a stew with hake and potatoes, a succulent and delicious hake lasagna , the traditional hake in green sauce or the Galician hake , which is so popular at home. With any of these recipes there is no mistake, the hake always looks great. You will tell me if you cheer up with her.
Preparation of stewed hake
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic very fine.
- We peel the potatoes and cut them into slices less than one centimeter thick. We salt them and reserve. Fry the onion and garlic in a jet of oil.
- Salt and add the paprika, the wine and the tomato sauce . Mix well, add the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and let them cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile we cook the eggs and the peas separately. We peel the eggs and cut them into slices. We reserve.
- Drain the peas and reserve them too.
- Salt the hake on one side and add it to the casserole with the potatoes when they have 5 minutes left. We cover the pot and cook for two minutes.
- We turn the pieces of hake very carefully so that they do not break, cover again and let them cook for two more minutes with the potatoes.
- We turn off the heat, add the peas and shake the casserole so that everything mixes without breaking the hake.
- Add the egg slices and water with extra virgin olive oil. We cover the pot for a couple of minutes and serve hot.
It goes without saying that this is the typical recipe that earns even more if it reaches the table accompanied by good bread with which to dip in its delicious sauce.
In addition, from one day to the next it is even richer and holds perfectly in the freezer. So there are no excuses to save what you need to fix a meal or dinner in just a few minutes.
You can see all the photos of this stewed hake recipe in the step by step in the next album.