- 40 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.5 € / person
- 267kcal per 100g.
How to make hake meatballs in green sauce . When preparing this recipe with fish as a base, it becomes a very light and low calorie and fat dish.
For this reason, in addition to being perfect for the best occasion, it is ideal for weight loss diets. In this case I have prepared them with hake because I wanted to prepare something soft and delicate, but they would be perfect with any other type of fish, salmon, cod or even horse mackerel, accompanied by a suitable sauce, can be a perfect option.
As you probably already know, we owe it to the Arabs to enjoy one of our most classic dishes, meatballs . The word comes from the al-bunduga term in Arabic, which literally means the ball. It was they who taught us how to prepare them and who spread their consumption throughout Asia.
This simple dish is, nowadays, spread by practically all cultures and the preparation options are immense, we have the most typical in our country, the meatballs with tomato sauce, we could also prepare them accompanied with a multitude of sauce such as salsa de curry or even with nuts, such as meatballs with almonds and pistachios. They can be beef, pork , vegetables , lamb, or chicken, and of course, they could be fish . Well this is today’s recipe, some hake meatballs with green sauce , a real delight.
Like the dish I was inspired by, the hake in green sauce , And of course, as an accompaniment to our hake, a sauce that goes perfectly, a green sauce. Like the cocochas that we have on the blog, with abundant parsley and a good fish broth, I assure you that it is an ideal luxury dish for any dinner in which you want to be as kings, it is a delicious recipe.
Preparation of hake meatballs
- We clean the fish and prepare the loins of the hake. We can ask the fishmonger to prepare it for us or we can do it at home. We do not discard the central spine since it will serve to prepare the broth for the sauce.
- We put on the fire a pot with 3 or 4 liters of water, the hake thorn, salt and some parsley branches.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes, strain and reserve the broth.
- We chop the hard bread and soak it with the milk and 50 ml. of wine. We cut the fish into cubes of no more than 1 cm and put it in a bowl.
- We add to the bowl the egg, 4 or 5 sprigs of parsley, salt and the hard bread that we have to soak.
- It is important that we drain the bread well before incorporating it into the mixture. Since if we add too much liquid it will be very loose and will make the work of forming the meatballs complicated.
- Mix well all the ingredients of the meatball dough and form balls with your hands, reserving in a source.
- If we see that the dough is too liquid we can add a little breadcrumbs to compact it and make the balls. We flour the meatballs and reserve until frying.
Cooking the hake meatballs. Final presentation
- To prepare the sauce, cut the garlic and onion into small pieces, the smaller the better. In a wide saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil and add the chopped onion and garlic. Fry over medium heat until the onion is almost transparent.
- Add the remaining wine and salt. Let cook until the alcohol evaporates for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the fish stock into the casserole and cook for 10 more minutes. While preparing the sauce, fry the meatballs that we have reserved in a frying pan with plenty of oil, leaving them 4 or 5 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown. We remove to a tray with kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
- Add the meatballs to the saucepan where you are preparing the sauce and add more fish stock if necessary, until the sauce covers the meatballs in half. Cook for 10 more minutes and remove from the heat.
We serve the meatballs very hot accompanied by some fried potatoes, mashed potatoes or white rice .
These hake meatballs in green sauce are a delicious dish for a special occasion, any weekend with the family, dinner with friends or even Christmas.
Be sure to enjoy all the recipes with fish that we have on the blog.