- 35 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.9 € / person
- 290kcal per 100g.
How to make artichokes au gratin with ham.
At home we can not be more fans of the artichoke, we eat them raw, boiled, fried , grilled, pickled , steamed, baked , stuffed, … I have even tried to cook them in the microwave.
We can assure that artichokes are one of the most versatile wild cards that we can find in our kitchen.
The artichoke, artichoke, artichoke or artichoke , is much more than a tasty and purifying food, because it is ideal to prevent and treat high cholesterol or hypertension.
We will find it throughout the Mediterranean area and whose cultivation was introduced by the Arabs in Spain, with its harvest season and best consumption period from November to March.
We start the season with a recipe, some artichokes with ham au gratin. A great first course and that will hardly take you more than 35 minutes of work.
I assure you that it will be perfect with the steps that I present to you. Vegetable recipe full of color and very tasty, always delicious!
Preparation of artichokes
- We will start the recipe with the most laborious part; cleaning artichokes.
- First we will remove the outer leaves until we reach a layer in which they have a lighter green color and are more tender. Next we cut the trunk and the tip.
- Peel the stem and add it, along with the artichoke that we have cleaned, to a bowl that contains water and lemon juice to prevent them from taking on a brownish color.
- This is produced when the phenols that the artichoke possesses come into contact with oxygen.
- We put water in a pot, add a pinch of salt and heat until it boils.
- At that time we add the artichokes and the stems. We let them cook for 20 minutes, depending on how tender they are. Drain and reserve until tempered.
- With the help of a teaspoon we remove the central part of the artichokes, making a hole that we will later fill.
- It is important to remove the fluff from the base as it can give a bitter taste. We reserve.
Preparation of the filling of the artichokes
- Prepare the filling of the artichokes by preparing a sauce with the well-chopped chives and a splash of olive oil.
- When the spring onion begins to take color, about 5 minutes, add the ham cubes and let them brown for 5 more minutes.
- We place the artichokes in a baking tray with the base down and with the help of a spoon we introduce the mixture that we have prepared as a filling.
Gratin and final presentation of artichokes with ham
- We preheat the oven to 200º C.
- We cover the artichokes with a splash of mayonnaise , it will give you a pinch of garlic that combines perfectly with our filling.
- Once each of the artichokes is covered, sprinkle with a good amount of cheese to gratin.
- Put the tray in the oven and gratin for 10 minutes at 200º C, until the surface is golden. We serve hot.
Quickly and easily we have a luxury dish to enjoy, perfect to be like kings without complications.
As always, at the end of the entry you have the photos of the step by step. Do not miss any detail of this gratin artichoke recipe .