- 90 minutes
- For 6 people
- 0.5 € / person
- 295kcal per 100g.
Fingers or crispy chicken strips .
I already told you about our love of chicken recipes at home , especially chicken wings , whether they are crispy or with barbecue sauce in film or football sessions with friends.
Today I bring you another one of our recurring options, a super easy recipe to prepare with a sauce to lick your fingers: fingers or crispy chicken strips with a yummy Caesar sauce.
Every time I prepare these chicken fingers, I can’t help but think how much we’ve become Americanized gastronomically in the last few years: hamburgers, hot dogs, Cesar salad , muffins, Red Velvet cake, New York cheese cake. , donuts or donuts … all these recipes are already fully integrated into our daily habits.
Do not misunderstand me, it is not that I have anything against it, I think that everything that can be learned and imported from other countries as long as they are new and quality ideas, welcome.
Even if all this new we learn, we are able to give it one more twist and adapt it to our own, better than better.
I have chosen to cook the strips in the oven , thus reducing the amount of fat without in any way diminishing its flavor.
And as an accompaniment the César sauce , so famous in the United States. I assure you that it will surprise you even more, you will tell me.
Preparation of the chicken and its maceration
- We clean the chicken breasts from the remains of fat and cut them into strips not too thick.
- Put the chopped breasts in a bowl and add the Worcestershire sauce, the chopped parsley and the garlic clove in small pieces.
- Mix well until all the pieces of chicken are impregnated and let stand at least 1 hour.
- We open the bag of potatoes of your favorite brand and put them in a transparent plastic bag.
- We close the bag and crush the potatoes until they are in small pieces.
- We prepare 3 bowls, one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with broken potato chips.
- We pass the chicken strips first by flour, then by egg and finally by the potatoes.
Preparation of crispy chicken strips
- We place the battered chicken in a baking tray on a vegetable paper and bake it, with the oven previously hot, at 200ºC for 10 minutes.
- At the end of this time we turn them around and leave 7 more minutes.
- It is important that we keep an eye on the oven so that we are not too roasted, you know that each oven is a world.
- When we have the chicken strips ready we can serve them as is accompanied by a Caesar sauce or give it an extra touch of yummy.
- My advice is to add a little grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce. Stir with the spoon until it is well linked and there is the famous Caesar sauce with a delicious touch. We are amazed at home.
We place our chicken strips in a container to share with the friends and the Caesar sauce to spread on the side.
You will see how they fly, in a few minutes they disappear as if by magic. Just yummy!
If you want to see this recipe more fully, I leave you with the step by step of the chicken fingers .
Tips for some yummy chicken strips
- This is the case of these fingers or chicken strips that have convinced me from the first moment.
- They are crunchy, tasty, aromatic, with countless ingredients to prepare them, both in their marinade and in their batter, delicious.
- The recipe is very simple and inexpensive as almost all of the blog, about 30 units at about € 0.15 / unit. Although it takes a little longer than the recipes I have been used to, about 15 minutes of preparation, one hour of rest and another 15 minutes of oven, it is easy and almost makes itself.
- The typical chicken strips are a variant of fried chicken, usually made from chopped breast, boneless and skinless, not like chicken nuggets in which meat is minced even skinned.