- Very easy
- 10 minutes
- For 4 people
- 2.2 € / person
- 255kcal per 100g.
How to make smoked salmon toasts.
These smoked salmon toasts are one of those that will become a classic at home at Christmas but also for a dinner or special meal.
This recipe with fish has it all, it is fast, from the moment you start until it is on the table it takes no more than 10 minutes. It is an appetizer or starter so simple that even the most useless in this world will be delicious. There will be no excuses for not cooking.
If you want to be luxurious, I advise you to use a quality salmon . This is the star ingredient and will make the difference between a good toast or one that will pass without pain or glory.
This recipe is a real life saver because it is very easy to prepare and it hits the spot in front of the most demanding guests as if it were the most sophisticated preparation, and its flavor is delicious.
The combination of flavors and textures is perfect, the crispness of the bread and lettuce, with a juicy and neutral touch of the egg that does not detract from the salmon. You can even present a duet with the salmon and orange toasts .
I hope you like it and prepare it at home, I want you to tell me if you succeed with this recipe.
Salmon and the choice of bread
- The first thing is to open the container where the smoked salmon comes from, remove the slices, separate them from each other so that they take in air and develop their aromas well.
- The salmon must breathe so that it shows all its flavor, that the smoking process is noticeable.
- You will see how the color you see in the closed container changes to a little stronger.
- The choice of bread where we are going to place our ingredients is key. We must choose the one we like the most, a slice of village bread or that artisan type loaf of bread with so much flavor, I leave it to your choice.
- We cut the bread with a good knife and toast it on both sides in a non-stick medium-large frying pan at maximum temperature with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
- The only secret is to press with a spatula so that it is as crispy as possible without burning.
- We remove from the pan and place in a source for later assembly.
Preparation of scrambled eggs
- In the same pan in which we have toasted the bread we are going to prepare some simple and quick scrambled eggs to make .
- Scrambled eggs contain no creams or milk and should be seasoned once done, as with fried eggs.
- They can be done directly, but if we separate the white from the yolk, we will give it the perfect point since the yolk does not have to be cooked too much so that it comes out with an airy and moist texture.
- The secret to preparing rich and delicious scrambled eggs to perfection is in the way they are mixed and stirred, all you need is low heat and a little patience to achieve a good result.
- We throw them in the pan and stir constantly and in an enveloping way with a wooden spoon.
- We constantly separate what sticks to the walls and bottom of the pan. When the eggs are still wet, but not completely liquid, we gather them in the center.
- We turn off the heat and we will see the egg that is still cooked because the pan is still hot, we remove it to a plate.
- Season with salt and pepper and add a little chopped dill.
Preparation of salmon toasts. Final presentation
- Spread the toasts with some homemade yogurt sauce or mayonnaise . Sprinkle with dill and stir until all the flavors come together.
- We cut our lettuce into very small squares and sprinkle on top of the toast. Press with your fingers so that it sticks to the sauce.
- Top with the scrambled eggs and top each toast with the slices of smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped dill and a tad of extra virgin olive oil (the best we have at home).
Directly to the table and to eat. You will succeed!
If you do not want to miss the detail of this recipe for salmon toasts . Do not lose detail and they will be perfect.