For 4 € 2.7 /pers. 120 kcal/100g
- 1 medium potato
- 1 large carrot
- 10 Brussels sprouts
- Broccoli stems
- cauliflower stems
- 20 green beans
- 6 green asparagus
- 50g. of butter
- 70 ml. virgin olive oil
- Water (what is needed to cook the vegetables)
- 8g. of salt
- Optionally other recommended ingredients that you like: cheese, mint…
Let’s not be fooled by the simplicity of this dish because, although it is nothing more than a set of vegetables of different types, which are cooked and served as a garnish , they make our plate complete.
This recipe comes from France and as a general rule they call panaché any set of varied vegetables that are cooked in different ways, as in the case of our stew. Cooking can be done by frying , boiling , steaming or baking .
The ideal is to mix vegetables that have different textures and flavors , and that have different colors, so that the dish is harmonious and balanced. Likewise, it is highly recommended for those people who are following a diet to lose weight or simply want to take care of their body, although in reality it is ideal for anyone.
We will show you some tips on how to prepare it in such a way that it is perfect and tasty. In addition, we teach you various preparations so that they are just the way you like them since the vegetables that are usually used, such as broad beans, artichokes, peas, turnips or green beans, are the ones indicated so that they feel good to us and are well boiled. , but al dente.
It is also worth mentioning that we can use both frozen products and canned products, since the latter, above all, will add greater flavor to the whole. Another option is to add a little oil or butter to all the already cooked vegetables and before serving them, give them a little touch in the oven to generate a kind of broth with which we can season them .
For cheese lovers, we can add any type that we like and also include some fresh mint, which will help us enhance each of the flavors of the vegetables. As simple to prepare as it is traditional, vegetable panaché will always be an option and below, we will show you how to prepare it.
Preparation of the vegetable panache
- We start by preparing the vegetables. Cut the beans into three, peel the carrot and chop it into large slices, chop the asparagus into halves, peel the potato and chop it (similar in size to carrot pieces).
- The idea is that all the ingredients are ready, so we recommend that you cook each of them separately. This way we will ensure that they are cooked to perfection and avoid overcooking them.
- We cook them separately, to respect the times and to ensure that they are at the optimal point. On the one hand, we cook the carrot, potato, beans and Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes (from when the water starts to boil). Let’s salt.
- In a separate saucepan, cook the broccoli, cauliflower and green asparagus. In this case, the time will be 6 minutes. Let’s salt.
- We drain all the vegetables, and transfer them to a large oven-safe dish. Drizzle with a good splash of extra virgin olive oil. We distribute a few cubes of butter among the vegetables.
- We place the source in the central position of the oven. In the grill function, we cook for 2/3 minutes at 190/200º C, enough for the butter to melt and result in a kind of sauce to accompany the vegetables.
And we will have finished, easy, don’t you think? It is a simple preparation that leaves a spectacular and exquisite result. We encourage you to do it at home and try all the modalities. Take advantage!
You can see all the photos of this recipe step by step in this album. Don’t miss any details and you will get a delicious vegetable panaché.
Other ways to prepare a vegetable panache
This is the most traditional recipe, although there are other types of dressing that you can put into practice and try:
- We can sprinkle sliced garlic having previously sautéed it in oil . It should also be served immediately, although if we prefer we can give it a blast of heat in the oven. The spice that combines perfectly with this modality is sweet paprika.
- We can make a mixture of melted butter (in a saucepan until it turns golden brown) along with salt, pepper and the juice of one lemon. Sprinkle the mixture over the hot vegetables just before serving the dish.
- The last option we propose is to add a little old mustard to the melted butter, which will give it all the flavor and aroma of this condiment.
Tips for a yummy vegetable panache
- For cheese lovers, we can add any type that we like and also include some fresh mint, which will help us enhance each of the flavors of the vegetables.
- As a substitute for butter, a tasty variation is to prepare a classic “ ajada or allada ” (extra virgin olive oil, sliced garlic and paprika), with which we will sprinkle all the vegetables. It is a sauce that goes wonderfully with any preparation of cooked vegetables or vegetables.
- This panaché admits a multitude of vegetables, so you can use the ones you like or feel like the most. I have made a selection but you could also use zucchini, artichokes, young beans, peas, turnips, sweet potatoes, etc. The only consideration is to take into account the different cooking times of each product.