For 4 € 2.7 /pers. 305 kcal/100g
- 320g. by Linguine Garofalo
- 4 l. of water to cook the pasta, potatoes and beans
- 2 level tablespoons of salt for cooking
- 2 medium potatoes
- 200g. green beans
- For the Genoese pesto:
- 30g. basil
- 30g. Parmesan cheese
- 30g. extra virgin olive oil
- 5g. of salt
- 15g. of pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic
Italian cuisine has a large number of recipes to delight our palates: frittata , focaccia , panna cotta and, of course, its pasta , blessed pasta! The dishes that the Mediterranean country offers us in this field are unrivaled. From the classic Sicilian pasta alla norma to the sophisticated fusilli lunghi con funghi , the list of delicacies is endless.
Today we bring you to the blog one of the classic dishes of this genre, trenette with pesto . This recipe is characteristic of the Liguria region , but its popularity has made it transcend borders and is present in a large number of Italian restaurants, both in the country itself and abroad.
The preparation of this dish has two fundamental elements. On the one hand, the delicious pesto , one of the many wonders among Italian sauces that are worth making manually . On the other hand, we have trenette , a type of pasta quite similar to long spaghetti , but with a rectangular shape . Traditionally, this pasta is related to the food of the Italian manufacturing class.
We are going to use the appropriate long pasta for this recipe, I recommend two types of Garofalo pasta , the Linguine that we have used in this case or some Spaghetti , the two types of pasta are made with durum wheat semolina with a rough surface that helps to grab the green pesto well. Among the many virtues of this recipe we can highlight its attractiveness. Preparing the pasta with the pesto and decorating it with basil will make our pasta dish a combination of green tones that make anyone hungry and curious.
When the fork reaches the mouth, the flavors spread freely, offering surprising fresh tones in a spectacular texture. In case all this hasn’t convinced you yet, the best thing is that this recipe is prepared super quickly . Of course, it will take you even less time to empty the plate than to prepare it, you’ll see.
Preparation of Genoese pesto
- After having cleaned the basil leaves, we dry them carefully on a cloth. In the blender glass we put the garlic, salt and pine nuts. We grind until we get a somewhat coarse porridge. We add the basil leaves and continue grinding for a few seconds.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well. We soften the dough by slowly pouring the oil in a stream until we obtain a homogeneous, creamy compound with a good consistency.
Preparation of trenette pasta. Cooking Linguine, potatoes and beans
- We peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. We wash the green beans and cut them into 3-4 cm strips. We heat it in a large casserole, in this case I always have it reserved in a large casserole for this type of preparations. It is a luxury to make a broth, cook vegetables, a good stew or simply boil some pasta.
- One liter of water is necessary for every 100 g. of pasta, is the recommended measure per person, except if we have linguine or spaghetti lovers at home. These proportions, which are normally indicated on the packaging, help the pasta not stick together. And always try to use a large pot, the largest in your kitchen. If you cook pasta many times, it will be very useful to buy a casserole for those occasions, a good investment.
- When it starts to boil, add 1 generous handful of salt, about 2 level tablespoons. Next we add the diced potatoes and green beans. Once the potatoes and green beans have cooked for about 10 minutes, we add the linguine for the trenette. We stir and let the pasta boil for 10 more minutes. We drain, reserving a cup of the cooking water. We transfer the pasta with the potatoes and beans to a large bowl.
- We add the reserved Genoese pesto and the pasta cooking water. We mix well until all the pasta is well coated with the pesto. A dish that is simply brilliant, try it and you’ll tell me.
You can see all the photos of this recipe step by step in this album. Don’t miss any details and you will get a delicious trenette pasta.