For 8 0.4 €/pers. 402 kcal/100g
- 1 large avocado
- 1 egg M
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 2 g. of fine salt
- Half a teaspoon of lime juice
Mayonnaise has been crowned the queen in the world of sauces, given its versatility and the fact that it is the base for many sauces .
This avocado mayonnaise is one of the richest sauces we can make and is ideal to include in our hamburgers , sandwiches or arepas (the most traditional, the queen pepiada ), as well as to accompany fish . We can also use it as a dressing in seafood cocktails (even replacing the pink sauce with avocado mayonnaise) and countless salads . It is a sauce widely used in Mexican cuisine , Venezuelan, Mexican and oriental cuisine.
Avocado mayonnaise can be made with or without eggs (the latter would be the vegan version). This recipe corresponds to the version with egg. Of course we recommend making it homemade because we can add our special touch, which in our case is replacing the vinegar with lime.
How to make avocado mayonnaise
The process of making this sauce is incredibly simple, plus we can use it as soon as we have finished preparing it.
- The first step will be to make the mayonnaise, which is the base, for which we need to use sunflower oil since it has no flavor and this way the flavor of the avocado will not be compromised later.
- Crack the egg into a blender glass, being careful not to let any dirt or shells fall into it.
- We add a few drops of lime juice, half a teaspoon of salt and a little more than half of the 150 ml of oil.
- We insert the mixer all the way in and start it so that the mayonnaise is mixed. Little by little we will add the remaining oil until the mayonnaise acquires that characteristic uniform color. When we have finished we reserve it.
- We open the avocado in half to remove the stone. We peel and chop it to add its pulp to the mayonnaise base. Add a few more drops of lime juice and if you want more flavor power you can also add part of the zest of the skin (without going overboard, as it can cloud the flavor of the avocado).
- We beat everything until the mixture is homogeneous and without avocado lumps. The lime will help prevent the mayonnaise from turning dark due to the oxidation of the avocado. This way it will stay green.
- When it is done, we place it in a bowl to serve it or keep it in a container.
All about avocado
Properties and benefits of avocado. Discover how to cook this tasty and nutritious fruit that gives you energy and helps regulate cholesterol.
Tips for making delicious avocado mayonnaise
- This sauce is ideal to accompany fish and seafood, but also for smoked salmon toasts, salads, sandwiches and canapés. We, who are somewhat more traditional, also recommend it to accompany delicious patatas bravas and rice dishes such as a banda or black.
- It is extremely versatile and the avocado gives it that little touch that makes it different. If you don’t want to make it with mayonnaise, you can use twice as much avocado, mashing it and turning it into a wonderful cream. Then we add squeezed lime and a tablespoon of olive oil. The flavor will be different, but it will be delicious anyway.