For 4 € 0.8 /pers. 190 kcal/100g
- 300g. of mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice of one lemon
- 50 ml. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt (to the taste of each house)
- Fresh parsley
- Optional: A splash of white wine
- Optional (for a spicy touch): A chilli or cayenne
Garlic mushrooms are one of those dishes that never go out of style. As an appetizer before a meal or as a garnish , this recipe goes great alongside many meat recipes or simply with a piece of good bread to accompany it.
The best thing is that this recipe stands out not only for that great flavor that we all already know, but also because the mushroom has a high nutritional content, it is prepared quickly and, on top of that, it is not expensive, just like the rest of the mushroom ingredients. to garlic With those keys it’s hard to fail, eh?
Many of you will not be surprised with everything we tell you about this recipe with mushrooms because you will already have in mind another one that shares the great advantages of this mushroom, such as a cream of mushroom soup or a risotto . You are absolutely right: almost everything the mushroom touches turns into gold (at least to our taste). The advantage of this garlic mushroom recipe is, perhaps, that it is made in a moment and is suitable for any situation.
To have great garlic mushrooms, it is best to have a clay pot , just like they would serve it in a bar. If you don’t have a casserole at home, don’t worry, in our recipe we include an alternative that will leave your mushrooms up to par. Without further ado, let’s see how to prepare some good garlic mushrooms.
How to prepare garlic mushrooms
- The first thing we must do is brush our mushrooms well. Then, we place them in a container with very cold water and add the lemon juice. We wash them well and, once they are clean, we use a kitchen towel to dry them.
- We chop the mushrooms if they are more or less large. If they are an acceptable size, you can leave them as is. We take advantage and peel and chop the garlic into slices as well.
- We place our clay pot on the fire. If we don’t have one, we can use a thick-bottomed pot as a substitute. We heat the oil and let the garlic brown a little. When they begin to brown, add the mushrooms with a touch of salt.
- We let the mushrooms cook over medium heat for ten minutes. Once those ten minutes have passed, we increase the heat and stir so that they do not burn for another five minutes on the heat.
- Now all that remains is to serve, and the trick here is to serve while they are still very hot. Once we have the mushrooms in the dishes we choose (if we do not leave them in the clay pot), we add the chopped parsley on top and we will have our dish ready.
We started by saying that mushroom recipes hardly fail , but if we are talking about garlic mushrooms and we don’t talk about that second part of the recipe, it is a bit like denying that there is an elephant in the room.
Garlic recipes are also, for many, a guaranteed triumph, from the glorious garlic chicken to the prawns . If mushrooms are great and garlic preparations too, good garlic mushrooms are synonymous with glory.
Tips for some delicious garlic mushrooms
- This depends on taste, but some recipes add a splash of white wine to the mushrooms while they are frying to give them that characteristic flavor. If you like the touch it leaves, don’t hesitate to add it.
- If you like spicy , you can add a touch of fun to your mushrooms by adding a string to the garlic while they brown. If you are brave, you can think about adding a little more, but be careful so that you don’t go too far with the amounts.
- Some of you will like your dishes to be accompanied by a citrus touch . Although this recipe already has nuances due to the washing of the mushrooms, you can add a splash of lemon in those last five minutes of cooking to the mushrooms to give it an acidic touch.
- The same thing happens with vinegar , if you like the touch it gives to recipes, you can add a small splash of vinegar to the mushrooms once you have them prepared and it will look great.