- 60 minutes
- For 8 people
- € 1 / person
- 305kcal per 100g.
How to make a sweet potato cheesecake decorated with a chocolate spider .
You already know that in Rechupete Recipes we love parties and the sweet recipes that come with them, wherever they are.
Galicians are very witches, hexes and bewitches, but when Halloween arrives we feel somewhat intimidated by the display shown by our Anglo-Saxon friends, whose customs we are making more ours as the years go by.
With this topic there is much debate. Yes, we should not lose our customs in favor of others, yes, All Saints or Halloween, we are Americanizing, etc. Without controversy, we couldn’t help preparing a sweet potato cheesecake for Halloween today .
Whether we like it or not, we have to admit that before certain sweets it is impossible to surrender and we end up falling into the nets of other people’s sweets.
In favor of this cheesecake we will say that it has a brutal flavor and texture and that it does not have to be Halloween to prepare it. We can do it without decorating and enjoy it at any time.
It is a very easy cheesecake to prepare that does not have an oven. Well, there is no oven for the cake as a whole because the sweet potato has to be roasted in order to incorporate it into the filling.
If we have it ready, then it will hardly take time to assemble it. We will only have to wait the rest time for the filling to settle and ready. A yummy spider sweet potato cheesecake!
Preparation of sweet potato cream. Cheesecake filling
- We start by preparing a sweet potato puree and, for this, we preheat the oven to 200ºC, peel the sweet potato, cut it into regular pieces and place it on a baking tray covered with aluminum foil.
- When the oven has reached the temperature and we introduce the tray with the sweet potato.
- We roast for approximately 20 minutes or until clicking we notice that the pieces are tender. Then we remove from the oven and let cool.
- While the sweet potato is roasting we prepare the base of our cheesecake. We place the cookies in a food processor and crush them.
- We melt the butter in the microwave or on a bain-marie and add it. We stir until obtaining a homogeneous paste.
- We take a removable mold and line the base and sides of it with the previous mixture. Gently pressing to compact the mixture.
- Let it rest in the fridge so that it takes body for a minimum of one hour.
- We crush the sweet potato in the kitchen robot until we obtain a puree. Add the cream cheese and sugar and beat until homogeneous.
- We assemble the cream and add, little by little, the mixture of the sweet potato puree with the cheese and sugar.
- Making soft and enveloping movements so that it does not lower us until we obtain a homogeneous mass.
Preparation of spider sweet potato cheesecake for Halloween
- Pour the mixture into the mold with the biscuit base and distribute well, using a spatula.
- We put in the fridge and let it rest so that it hardens for at least three hours (better if it is overnight).
- At the time of serving the cake we prepare a chocolate cream with which to draw the spider web.
- To do this we place the chocolate in ounces together with the liquid cream in a bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir to mix well. If the chocolate has not completely melted, we repeat the operation taking care not to spend time or heat.
- Finally we add the butter to the chocolate cream and stir well.
Decoration of spider sweet potato cheesecake for Halloween
- We fill a pastry bag and make concentric circles on the surface of the cake.
- With a skewer or a toothpick we draw stripes that cross the circumferences, from inside to outside, cleaning the stick before continuing with the next one.
- We carefully unmold and serve the cheese and sweet potato cake for our delight and that of our guests.
- We can accompany it with a little chocolate sauce if we have left over the decoration.
I encourage you to try it at home. You can see all the step-by-step photos of this sweet potato cheesecake recipe in this album.
Tips for a yummy spider sweet potato cheesecake
- We will prepare this cake the day before, because although it is 60 minutes, it needs 3 hours minimum rest.
- It is true that our last repertoire for Halloween, it is easy to follow the party at the table and that we have a night that we do not forget, do not forget to visit other Recipes of All Saints that are already close.
- The sweet potato can be roasted whole and without peeling. In this case it will be necessary to increase the baking time considerably but the result will be sweeter.
- By roasting the sweet potato into pieces and browning them lightly, the sweet potato puree is left with slightly darker pints. These add a rustic touch to the cheesecake that we love.
- If you do not want those dark pints, you can roast it whole and without peeling, as mentioned above. It is also worth wrapping it in aluminum foil or sulfurized.
- The spider web can also be drawn with liquid caramel, if you prefer so instead of chocolate cream.