- 120 minutes
- For 10 people
- 2.1 € / person
- 365kcal per 100g.
How to make an Oreo spider cake for Halloween.
Each time is closer to the famous and celebrated Halloween or Halloween , so come with a delicious and beautiful idea to sweeten the occasion.
We are in complicated dates if we want to diet , the wind fritters , the panellets or piers, the bones of the saint and the recipes with pumpkin are combined with ghost brownies or the Frankenstein cupcakes .
This Oreo spider cake was on our to-do list since it crossed our path a while back and we were looking forward to the time to make it.
It is a cake composed of a chocolate cake to whose dough Oreo cookies are added , a filling and topping based on whipped cream and (also) Oreo cookies, decorated with more Oreo cookies.
A whole party for lovers of these cookies that play so much in baking, in general, and on Halloween or Samain , in particular.
It is a somewhat laborious dessert to prepare, which is not difficult. It is worth the extra effort it requires and we are sure that this year you are going to be very envious with this cake, so do not think twice.
A chocolate dessert is always a hit, almost everyone likes it.
We encourage you to prepare this Oreo spider cake , different and original, to enjoy a fun night accompanied by your people.
Preparation of the biscuits for the spider cake
- We start with the biscuits, which need to be cold for assembly.
- We sift the dry ingredients, that is, the flour, the salt, the yeast, the cocoa and the bicarbonate. We reserve.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- We add the vanilla essence, the eggs and the milk. We will obtain a dough that seems cut and reminds of the scrambled egg, but this is perfectly normal. Do not panic.
- Then we incorporate the sifted dry ingredients mixture, little by little, and stir gently until well integrated.
- Finally we chop the Oreo cookies and add them, stirring one last time until obtaining a homogeneous dough.
Baking the brownies
- We distribute the dough among three 18 cm molds, lined with vegetable paper at the base, spreading well over the entire surface. It is a dense mass and needs a little help.
- We introduce in the two molds in the oven, previously heated to 180º C with heat above and below.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked. We remove and let cool completely.
- We put the biscuits (molds included) in the fridge so that they take shape and do not break during the assembly of the cake.
Preparation of the filling and coverage of the spider cake
- While this occurs we prepare the filling-coverage. For this we separate 60 ml of the cream in a bowl and add the neutral gelatin powder.
- Mix well and let stand 5 minutes, long enough for the gelatin to hydrate.
- We take another 75 ml of the cream, heat it in a saucepan and mix it with the cream with gelatin.
- Let cool (without gelatinizing), better in a container other than the scoop to make it faster.
- When the previous mixture is cold, beat the rest of the cream. Once it begins to take shape, add the icing sugar and continue beating.
- We also incorporate the cream and gelatin mixture, without stopping to beat and very slowly.
- We stop beating when the mixture is well assembled.
- Finally we chop the Oreo cookies very finely and add them to the whipped cream.
- Gently remove with a spatula and, once incorporated, reserve in the fridge until ready to use.
Preparation of spiders with Oreo cookies
- To make the Oreo spiders we clean the cookies well from the rest of the filling.
- We extend the white fondant and cut small circles. We can use a round nozzle for this purpose.
- We prepare a chocolate glaze. For this we mix the butter, the water, the cocoa, the icing sugar and the vanilla extract in the glass of the kitchen robot and mix.
- We put the frosting inside a pastry bag and use it to stick the fondant on the Oreo cookies and then to draw the pupils.
Assembly and final presentation of the Oreo spider cake for Halloween
- When the time comes to assemble the cake, we remove the biscuits and place one of them on a serving plate or a wooden board.
- We cover with the filling cream and cover with another sponge cake.
- We cover again with more cream and finish with the third cake.
- We cover the surface and sides with more cream, smoothing well or leaving a rustic touch as we like. To taste.
- We place the Oreo cookies on the surface and sides and use the chocolate glaze to draw the legs.
- Once the cake is ready, we keep it in the fridge until it is time to consume.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in this recipe album of the Oreo spider cake for Halloween .
Tips for a perfect Halloween Oreo spider cake
- Although this sponge cake recipe is foolproof, you can use any other. Of course, with this we assure you that the cake will not lose texture or juiciness over the days.
- Before assembling the cake, it is essential that the biscuits and the filling-topping cream are very cold.
- In case the cakes hump with the baking, we remove them with a serrated knife so that they are flat and the assembly is simpler and more attractive.
- Instead of baking the biscuits separately, you can use a higher mold and then cut it into layers.
- The Oreo cookies we have used are the classic ones, but you can also use the mini ones.