- 90 minutes
- For 10 people
- 0.8 € / person
- 395kcal per 100g.
How to make mummy truffles .
We love these mummy truffles for Halloween because they are so cute they look and how terrifyingly rich they are in flavor.
They are fabulous to celebrate this party and super easy to prepare. It has no greater difficulty than the rest of the truffle recipes that we have to our credit, as its base is the same, dark chocolate ganache , only this time it is wrapped in white chocolate .
We decorate these truffles like a mummy and, voila, they become a wonderful surprise for the little ones and not so little ones. We have done them on previous occasions and we confirm that they like and surprise everyone in equal parts.
As mentioned, preparing chocolate truffles at home is very easy and the variations of this sweet many, although we adjust to the most basic recipe of all, which is the one we like the most.
They can be made by adding a little liquor to the ganache, chopped nuts, using milk or white chocolate instead of dark chocolate, flavoring with orange zest and much more. There are countless versions, to which more tasty and fun.
To present this dessert at any other time of the year we can do without the “mummy” decoration and simply bathe them in white chocolate.
Be that as it may, do not stop making mummy truffles because, in addition to being easy and fun, they are delicious.
Preparation of chocolate truffle cream. Mummy Truffle Base
- We start the recipe by preparing the dark chocolate ganache for the interior of the mummy truffles.
- We chop 400 g. of the dark chocolate of coverage and we reserve it in a bowl. We will use the rest of the dark chocolate for decoration (the eyes), so we save it for later.
- Heat the chocolate slightly, either in the microwave or in a bain-marie without the water touching the bowl, to melt it.
- In case of doing it in the microwave, better to short heat blows and stirring between blows so that it does not burn.
- Add the butter and stir until amalgamate.
- We heat the liquid cream and when it comes to a boil we remove it from the heat.
- Pour over the melted chocolate and butter mixture, cover and let stand undisturbed for two minutes.
- Remove with a few rods, first gently and then more quickly.
- With this we will get it to emulsify and the ganache is formed, obtaining a thick and shiny cream.
- We cover the base and walls of a mold with plastic wrap and pour the ganache inside.
- We wait for it to cool down a bit before going to the fridge and let it solidify.
Shape and molding of mummy truffles
- Once solid, remove the ganache from the mold and cut into pieces of the same size (or as similar as possible).
- We wait for it to cool down a bit before bowling with our hands. This is a step where we get dirty and dirty a lot, so better to wear gloves.
- It is convenient to be very fast when bowling so as not to melt the ganache more than necessary.
- When we have all the balls ready, put them in the freezer for about an hour.
White chocolate topping
- After this time we prepare the white chocolate coating.
- Chop the white chocolate and melt it, either in a bain-marie (as we have done with the dark chocolate of the ganache) or in the microwave.
- This is a very delicate chocolate so it is advisable to be careful and not go over time or it will burn us.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer and dip them one by one in the melted white chocolate. We let drain by placing them on a grid or on vegetable paper.
Decoration and final presentation of the mummy truffles
- We can decorate the truffles immediately or store them again in the fridge and decorate later.
- In any case we will need to transfer the melted white chocolate to a pastry bag.
- We also melt the dark chocolate that we have reserved for decoration and put it in another pastry bag.
- We cut the tip of both sleeves, the hole must be tiny, and we decorate the truffles.
- With the white chocolate we make threads on the truffles, in two passes at a slightly different angle so that the bandages intersect and simulate. And with the dark chocolate we paint the eyes.
- Finally we let the decoration solidify and we already have some mummy truffles ready to consume.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in this recipe album of these Halloween mummy truffles .
Tips for perfect mummy truffles
- Chocolate quality is key to getting good mummy truffles (or any other), so don’t skimp on it. The difference really shows.
- We can flavor the truffles by adding orange zest or a little liquor to the ganache. In case you want to give a crispy touch, we can add finely chopped nuts.
- Truffles are easy to prepare, but heat is the enemy. It is important that the temperature of the kitchen is not high and that we put them in the fridge as many times as necessary so that they remain firm.
- When it comes to bowling the ganache and forming the truffles, you have to work quickly, because otherwise the chocolate melts and is unmanageable.