- 45 minutes
- For 10 people
- 1.1 € / person
- 268kcal per 100g.
How to make crispy mushroom and prawn rolls.
Thinking of Christmas snacks ? We are all probably looking for something to show off with, that is rich and that everyone likes.
Also if we can leave it half prepared beforehand so we don’t have to spend the night in the kitchen, it already smells of triumph this Christmas .
These crispy mushroom and prawn rolls meet all of those requirements. We can make the leek and mushroom stir-fries even the day before and leave the rest until the last moment.
We can mix various types of mushrooms or simply use our favorites , if we want to reduce the cost a little we use half mushrooms and half mushrooms .
The prawns or prawns can be fresh or frozen. And if we want to make a vegan version for a guest, we just have to replace the prawns with wild asparagus and not brush with butter.
The phyllo we like very much because it is so thin and very versatile. When we bake it it is very crispy and although we have made rolls we can give it the shape of triangles or even sachets, tying them with the green and fried strips of the leek.
With these rolls we already have a sure hit on our Christmas menu .
Prawns. Cleaning and preparation
- We peel the prawns, remove the head and the shell that protects them.
- We start with the head that is the most flavorful, making a simple rotation we easily detach it.
- Then, from the bottom of the belly, where the legs are. We remove with the hands the different rings or shell that cover the body along with the legs.
- Once the prawns are peeled we must remove the intestine (a black thread that they have inside) that we must remove.
- We help ourselves with a toothpick or with the tip of a knife. With the toothpick we prick the end of the intestine that is visible and pull it.
- It should come out whole, as if it were a thread, without opening the shrimp, so that it does not lose juice and flavors during the preparation. We reserve.
Preparation of the base of our rolls
- We start by preparing the ingredients. Chop the white part of the leek.
- Cut the green into thin strips and cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
- With a little oil, sauté the green leek strips for a few minutes until golden. We reserve.
- Fry the white part of the leek in oil for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Add the chopped mushrooms. The minced garlic and parsley and chilli pepper to taste if you like, remember that it is optional.
- Season and sauté 8-10 minutes until the mushrooms are ready. We reserve.
Baking and presentation of crispy mushroom and prawn rolls
- In a frying pan with a few drops of oil, fry the prawns just 20 seconds on each side.
- We divide each sheet of dough into 3 with the help of a knife. We put one or two tablespoons of mushrooms in each strip and a shrimp.
- We roll the dough on itself to form a stuffed roll.
- Melt the butter for a few seconds in the microwave and brush the rolls
- Bake at 180º C until the dough is golden.
- In individual dishes or in a platter we put the green strips of fried leek and on top of them we place the crispy rolls stuffed with mushrooms and prawns.
Here you have a step by step in photos where I show how to prepare this recipe for crispy prawn and mushroom rolls . Do not miss any detail so that they come out of you delicious.
Tips for perfect crispy rolls stuffed with mushrooms and prawns
- If we buy the prawns early and not the days before Christmas, we will save some money.
- Remember that the recipe is to make a roll per person, 10 in this case. If you want to put them as a starter in a stronger plan, it is better to double the recipe. If it’s just one more option of some yummy Christmas appetizers , they’re perfect as well.
- It is important to bake just before serving so that the rolls keep your bite crispy.
- Although the chilli pepper is optional, the spice goes great with this filling.