- 200 minutes
- For 4 people
- 3.2 € / person
- 295kcal per 100g.
How to make baked pork ribs with homemade barbecue sauce.
The crux of the matter is the barbecue sauce , in this case we have prepared it homemade. Depending on which one we use, the result can be good or very good.
In my case I have used one that I have already prepared on another occasion with some chicken wings , but in many American places this ingredient constitutes the best kept secret.
One of the secrets of the recipe is that I have prepared a homemade barbecue sauce (BBQ sauce) .
This type of sauce was invented in 1829 in order to flavor any type of roast meat, currently the foods that use this sauce the most are these pork ribs or roast chicken .
This type of sauce combines the acid flavor with the sweet, we can also add our favorite spices and give it a unique touch. Although always respecting its base, you should take yes or yes: tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard (or some vinegar), soy and honey.
To these ingredients I have added the plump touch so that everyone licks their fingers until the plate is empty.
If you cannot prepare it due to lack of time or simply because you like a specific brand, choose the one that you like the most, the recipe will be delicious too.
Preparation of barbecue sauce
We are going to make a little more sauce than the ribs need. You have the ingredients in the recipe for the wings that I quote later, because we want to have plenty of other recipes.
It keeps very well for several days in the fridge and can always be frozen.
- We cut the onion very thin, peel the garlic and fillet them very fine.
- Fry these ingredients over medium heat in a large saucepan with a nut of butter and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- We turn off the heat and add the different types of sauce. The ingredients, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard sauce and ketchup.
- Mix well until all the flavors are well integrated.
- We put the casserole over low heat again.
- Add the homemade tomato sauce , water, paprika, oregano, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- We stir again and cook at medium temperature for 5 more minutes.
- When it begins to thicken, we give it a touch of a blender so that there is a homogeneous sauce with a concentrated flavor.
- We try salt, if necessary sprinkle with a little more. If you notice that it is still very liquid, we raise the temperature of the fire.
- We constantly stir so that it reduces, it has to be to your liking.
- If you like the sauce with a spicy touch this is the time to add it. I recommend a few drops of hot sauce, cayenne or chili powder to taste.
- We let it rest and reserve.
Marinated and baked ribs with barbecue sauce
- On the baking tray we place the aluminum foil and on top the pork ribs, side by side.
- Pour half of the barbecue sauce, distributing it well over the entire surface.
- We turn the ribs and water with the rest of the sauce, repeating the operation.
- We leave a little of the sauce reserved for brushing at the end of baking, just before gratin and browning.
- We close the ribs with aluminum foil as if we were making a package.
- Making sure it is tightly closed to prevent the sauce from coming out during baking.
- With the oven previously heated to 150º C we cook the ribs for 2 and a half hours. It will seem like a long time, but the oven temperature is low.
- Remember that they are cooked like papillote, in the aluminum package, tightly wrapped so that they do not burn.
- Do not worry they will not pass or burn. In that time the ribs will already be yummy, but we are going to improve them much more.
Final preparation. Dorado of the ribs with barbecue sauce
- We open the foil package when that time has passed and brush again with the rest of the sauce that we have reserved.
- We bake again with the oven in the grill position (heat only above) at 190º C for 16 minutes.
- We turn it halfway through, every 8 minutes so that they are equally golden on both sides.
- As I always tell you, each oven is a world and you know yours much better than I do.
- The last step is to brown, do not go to spoil the ribs at the end of everything, look once in a while and when they are golden we remove them.
You can see all the photos of the step by step in the next album.
If you like barbecued pork ribs when they are prepared in Crock Pot, the level is of excellence.
Perhaps the best I’ve ever had. You will see how the bone of the meat comes out, almost as if they were butter. I leave you with the video that I recorded with Marta Miranda.
With this fast and clean process we will enjoy some ribs with a classy barbecue sauce.
We can accompany them with some fried potatoes and some lettuce leaves.